Website Providence School of Arts
SEE THEM FLOURISH
Work on Mission for the flourishing of urban youth!
Imagine a collaborative and uplifting work culture that contributes to the success of each student. Imagine a classroom that goes beyond just doing worksheets and provides students with hands-on/real world learning experiences. Now imagine yourself as a classroom teacher at Providence School of Arts. When your extraordinary gifts unites with our innovative education experience, just imagine the impact that you could create!
TO SEE EVERY CHILD FLOURISH – That’s the dream that fuels us. We long to see a diverse student population, ethnically and socioeconomically, learning together. To see every child discovering their value and pursuing their purpose. To see the gospel of Jesus bringing reconciliation and restoration to our city through our children. In short, we long to see a city transformed.
What We Do
We give children access to a quality education and to the performing arts. All of our programs offer scholarships, and tuition is income-based, making them accessible to a wide demographic regardless of background, ethnicity, or socioeconomic status.
Our elementary school offers a holistic, gospel-centered education that includes an enriching academic curriculum, visual & performing arts classes, and individualized learning pathways.
Our goal is that every student who walks through our doors will flourish!
Brief Job Description
Classroom Teachers are responsible for establishing a differentiated and engaging Elementary classroom and class environment favorable to learning and the growth of each individual student in a multi-age classroom setting. Personal and professional skill sets enable teachers to build a positive rapport with students, parents and staff members, to guide students’ motivations for learning, and to empower students to be proficient at academic standards for success in future grade levels in accordance with each student’s abilities.
5+ years experience working with children
Missouri DESE Teaching Certification preferred but not required.
- Strong commitment to school philosophy
- Passion for working with children/youth
- Flexibility in making accommodations for individual student needs
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to implement strategies provided through feedback loops
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Willingness to be a “team-player” in contributing to the school’s continued growth and development
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide strong academic instructional program for assigned grade levels
- Integrate a Biblical worldview into classroom instruction
- Establish a culture for learning in the classroom
- Demonstrate sound teaching strategies and classroom management skills
- Craft lesson plans aligned with the school’s curriculum framework
- Engage in regular professional development sessions provided by the school to develop skills in curriculum writing, classroom management, and content area teaching strategies
- Organize field trips once a month to support real-world connections to content area
- Exhibit flexibility and responsiveness to student needs
- Capacity to build strong class culture and establishing rapport with students
- Maintain consistency with curricular goals
- Use your abilities to assist students and staff with annual productions as needed (sewing costumes, painting sets, assisting during rehearsals/shows backstage, etc).
- Support and utilize the school’s discipline policy, including holding students accountable to schoolwide expectations
- Administer standardized assessments throughout the year to track student academic progress
- Show professionalism in relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- Engage parents in their child’s learning through regular newsletters, classroom events, and communication.
- Promote positive school climate and support efforts of the administration
- Contribute to cultivating a positive school culture.
- Communicate with lead teachers and administrators regularly
- Collaborate with teaching team in planning events and cross curricular activities
- Craft culminating projects and presentations to demonstrate student learning.
- Identify individual student needs (academic, behavioral, etc.) and implement appropriate strategies for growth with support from administrators and parents.
- Support students in developing healthy peer relationships
- Provide supervision for students in your care during lunch, recess, and transitions
Paid-time off, Insurance
If you are looking to raise up the next generation in an exciting supportive work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Let’s continue the conversation by clicking apply now or directly at email@example.com
Join us and make your mark!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org