Hilda Kroeker Library
Serving Calvary University
The Hilda Kroeker Library is home to more than 30,000 books, e-books, and audio visual materials.The library primarily serves the needs of Calvary University students. Faculty, staff, and alumni, may also use the collection free of charge.
The library is a participating member of the Kansas City Public Library’s Library Services Program Consortium (KCPL-LSP). This partnership allows students and faculty the ability to access materials from the local area that are not available at the Hilda Kroeker Library. The Mid-America Library Alliance (MALA) Courier Service serves as the link to these resources. In addition, interlibrary loan requests for materials that are located outside the KCPL-LSP consortium can be made by contacting library staff directly or via email.
Approximately 50 percent of the resource center is devoted to Bible and theology. The collection includes not only the works of classical and contemporary Bible scholars but also important primary source materials and technical biblical language tools. The Library has access to periodical databases, both secular and theological.
The Library is a member of the Kansas City Public Library Consortium. The membership in the Consortium gives students access to over 2.5 million resources. Calvary also has membership in the Kansas City Metropolitan Library Information Network. These memberships provide access to the resources available in 12 public and private libraries in the Kansas City area, including the online search services of the Kansas City Public Library Consortium.
Online catalog service to consortium members is provided through terminals in the Library, and courier service brings the resources to the Calvary campus twice a week.
Association of Christian Librarians Reciprocal Borrowing Program
This program allows all current Calvary University students, faculty, and staff to checkout physical materials from participating schools for free. (click the link and then scroll down to Borrowing Procedures for more information)
SPECIAL NOTICE: Due to COVID-19 precautions, the library building is closed until further notice.
Students/Faculty/Staff please see the email sent out by the Calvary Receptionist on Thursday, May 7 for details on how to use library services during this time.
Thank you for your understanding!
Current Library Pick Up and Drop Off Hours
Tuesday – Wednesday 9:30am-4:30pm
Friday – Monday closed
Friday, June 26 – Sunday, July 5 closed (summer break)
New Year’s Day
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Easter Weekend (Friday-Sunday)
Summer Break (June 26 – July 5)
OnRamp (August 6)
Thanksgiving Break (Wed-Sun)
Who was Hilda Kroeker?
Contact the Library Staff
Calvary is part of the Kansas City Public Library-Library Services Program (KCPL-LSP) library consortium, which allows members of the Calvary community in the Kansas City area the ability to borrow books from consortium members. This is done through the courier service, MALA. In addition, students and faculty are able to submit requests to the library for materials that are unavailable within the consortium. Galaxie Theological Journal Library and ProQuest Research Library are accessible in the library and on the homepage of your Student Portal or Faculty Portal.
- Online Catalog
- ACL Reciprocal Borrowing Program (physical materials only)
- Student Portal/Faculty Portal (Galaxie Theological Journal Library and ProQuest Research Library)
- EBSCO Research Database (eBooks and ATLA Religion Database and ATLASerials)
- Theological Libraries Ebooks Lending Project (TLELP)
- Subject Guides
- ACL Resources
- Answers in Genesis
- Bible Gateway Resources
- British Film Institute National Archive
- Bielefeld Academic Search Engine (BASE)
- BioMed Central
- The British Library
- Canadian Architectural Archives
- Catholic Encyclopedia
- The Collation: A Gathering of Scholarship from the Folger Shakespeare Library
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library
- Classic Christian Library
- Department of Energy OpenNet System
- Digital Commons Network
- DigitalNZ (New Zealand)
- Directory of Open Access Books
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Education Resources Information Center (ERIC)
- Electronic Journals Library
- Elsevier B.V.
- Excel Easy
- Expeditions and Discoveries
- FDsys – U.S. Government Publishing Office Federal Digital System
- Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED)
- Free Bible Commentary
- The Free Library
- Global Database on the Right to Education
- Google Books
- Google Scholar
- Got Questions
- Government Publishing Office Monthly Catalog
- Handbook of Latin American Studies (HLAS Online)
- Images from the History of Medicine
- Immigration to the United States, 1789-1930
- Index Theologicus
- International Mission Photography Archive (IMPA)
- Internet Archive
- Islamic Heritage Project
- Jewish Encyclopedia
- Journals for Free
- Leo Baeck Institute Library German-Jewish Periodicals
- Log College Press free PDF library
- Louis F. Benson Collection of Hymnals and Hymnology
- Making of America Journals
- Many Books
- Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.
- MERLOT Collection
- Middle English Compendium
- Online Books Page
- Open Access Digital Theological Library
- Open Access Theses and Dissertations
- Open Culture
- Open Humanities Press
- Open Library
- Open Textbook Library
- Open Textbooks
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) iLibrary
- Perseus Digital Library
- Project Gutenberg
- Project REVEAL (Read and View English & American Literature)
- Read Print
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- SABINET African Journals
- Theological Commons (Princeton Theological Seminary)
- Thesaurus Linguae Graecae (TLG®)
- University of Adelaide Press
- University of Southern California (USC) Digital Library
- Wright American Fiction