Select Page

Student Jobs

Calvary University is pleased to offer our students opportunities to work on campus.

Working On-Campus

It is helpful to Calvary to have students fill our on-campus jobs, but Calvary isn’t the only one that gains from this arrangement. Advantages to our students include saving time and expense in travel, our willingness to work around your class schedules, and the blessing of working in a Christian atmosphere. Additionally, most students taking at least a half-time load are exempt from Social Security and Medicare withholdings, making your paycheck stretch farther than it would otherwise.

If you’re interested in on-campus employment, here’s what you need to know:

  • A limited number of on-campus jobs is available, so it’s important to get your application in as early as possible.
  • Most student employment positions are limited to a maximum of 20 hours per week, with most offering anywhere from 5 – 15 hours.
  • Pay rate for most on-campus jobs is minimum wage.
  • You will have the option of applying all or part of your earnings directly toward your student bill, but Direct Deposit, and paper checks are available, too.
  • To apply, submit a Student Employment Application to the Human Resources office.

Whether you work on or off campus, federal regulations require your employer to have you complete payroll paperwork. Identification verification is required for this paperwork and your ID document(s) must be presented within 3 days of starting work or employment will be terminated or placed on hold until presented. Your Driver’s License alone will not fulfill this requirement.  Bring your identification with you!

The most common forms of ID are (but not limited to):

  1. Unexpired Passport or passport card OR 
  2. Valid driver’s license and social security card OR
  3. Valid driver’s license and birth certificate
  4. You must bring the original documents; photocopies are not acceptable.

International students will need:

  1.  A copy of their I-20
  2.  A copy of their I-94
  3.  Their visa/passport

The Director of International Student Services will work with international students to obtain a social security card.

Student Employment Application

Download (PDF, 566KB)