The STEM Department develops students who are well-grounded in the basic sciences and math taught from the biblical worldview. Students will be able to solve applied science and math problems, use the scientific method, and learn to critically evaluate recent scientific studies. They will learn how to defend their faith in the areas of science and math. These objectives are accomplished through completing courses in biology, chemistry, physical science, nutritional science, and mathematics.
STEM Department Objectives
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of science and math and apply this knowledge to practical applications.
- Distinguish between the naturalistic and biblical worldviews of science and formulate an accurate and effective defense of their faith.
- Develop an understanding of the scientific method and be able to create properly designed studies and evaluate data from these studies.
- Be able to analyze the shortcomings and strengths of popular science-related news to determine its validity.
- Be able to solve complex math equations and apply mathematical equations to common problems.
STEM Department Faculty
Mr. Chris Basel
M.S. (Chemistry) Graduate Certificate (Pharmacology)
Department Chair of STEM, Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Mr. Kurt Bricker
M.S. (Electrical Engineering), M.A. (Biblical Studies), M.Div
Adjunct Faculty, Physics and Mathematics
Mr. James Briggs
Adjunct Faculty, Mathematics
Dr. Meredeth Perhne
Ph.D. (Biomedical Sciences – Biochemistry and Molecular Biology)
Adjunct Faculty, Biology
STEM Department Programs
- Minor in Chemistry
- Minor in Biology
- Minor in Mathematics
- Interdisciplinary Bachelor’s Degree in Biology and Chemistry
Our interdisciplinary biology and chemistry degree is a pre-professional combination of minors to prepare students for application to a medical, dental, or other health-related school. Click here to view the planner.
Professional Directed Studies (PDS) Programs
- BS in Chemistry
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Mathematics
- BS in Pre-Medicine