Select Page

Military and Veterans







Our Lowest Tutition Rate

Calvary is proud to offer our lowest tuition rate for active-duty military personnel, veterans, and their immediate family members: $250 per credit hour for all undergraduate, graduate, and seminary programs for Military and Veterans.

Calvary University’s M.Div degree meets the academic requirements for military chaplaincy in the U.S. Armed Forces.

Other Military-Friendly Features:

  • Approved by the VA
  • Accepts College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
  • Gives credit for CLEP and/or DSST exams
  • Accepts the ACE recommendations for awarding credit for CLEP an/or DSST
  • Gives ACE credit for military training and experience
  • Offers scholarships for military students and veterans
  • Students called to active service can return without penalty
  • Offers in-state tuition without residency requirements for military dependents
  • Participates in the MyCAA program
  • On-campus living requirement is waived for veterans
  • Has full time veterans counselors or advisors on staff
  • Various social outlets on campus

Calvary University has been awarded Military Friendly Institution status.


Calvary University is approved by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs for the training of veterans.

Calvary University is a member of the DoD Voluntary Education Partnership.

“Establishing Principles of Excellence for educational intuitions serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members.”

Military Benefits

Calvary is proud to support and honor our military members and their families’ commitment and sacrifice for our country through a collaborative effort involving the student and the Department of Defense. If you served on active duty, you might be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. If you are the spouse or child of a service member who is serving on active duty Title 10 orders in the paygrades of E1-E5, O1-O2, or W1-W2, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the Department of Defense. If you are the spouse or child of a service member, you may be eligible for transfer of the service member’s Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to you.

Calvary is currently authorized and accepts the following well-earned federal military and veterans educational benefits:

GI Bill
Tuition Assistance Program
Vocational Rehab

GI Bill

The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for educational and housing expenses to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

Calvary directly invoices and receives payment from the VA each semester for the charges which are listed on the Student’s Billing Statement. Housing allowances are paid directly to the service member by the VA. To use your GI Bill benefits, you will need to provide the Financial Aid Office at Calvary your Certificate of Eligibility from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Service members and veterans should visit this link to access their VA benefits. Students with questions concerning their VA benefits, including how much their benefit is, should contact the VA. The Post 9/11 GI Bill Pamphlet also contains useful information which may answer your questions.

Vocational Rehab

Service members eligible for VA Vocational Rehab benefits will need to provide the Financial Aid Office with their Authorization and Certification (VA Form 28-1905). The Authorization form will allow Calvary to directly invoice and receive payment for authorized charges on the student’s billing statement. The service member should contact their case manager with questions concerning their benefits and authorization.

Tuition Assistance

If you are currently serving in the military, you may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance Program (TA). Check your eligibility status and the amount for which you qualify with your Service prior to enrolling.

Service members who wish to use Tuition Assistance, should request TA through their military branch of service prior to enrolling or starting classes. To receive authorization and use TA, the service member will need to submit a complete academic planner for their program of study to the branch of service. Adult and Graduate Studies students should contact Tressa Shoemaker, Interim Director of AGS, while traditional students should contact the school registrar to obtain their academic planner. Once the student receives authorization of TA benefits from their branch of service, notify the Financial Aid Office at Calvary. The Financial Aid Office will then directly invoice and receive payment from the student’s branch of service.

Other Federal Aid

Military members receiving and using military benefits, may also be eligible for Title IV Federal Student Aid, including grants and Direct Federal Student Loans. Terms and conditions of loans through the Direct Federal Student Loan program are typically more favorable in terms of the interest charged and repayment plans, than private education loans. For more information please visit Calvary’s Federal Financial Aid Page.

Veteran’s Fellowship

Calvary offers veterans undergraduate and graduate degrees with a biblical foundation. Every course taught at Calvary, from Bible to Business, is firmly grounded upon the Scriptures.

Many branches of the military are represented on our campus both in the classroom and in faculty and staff positions. Seminary students have the opportunity to earn a Master of Divinity degree and enter the military as a Chaplain. Contact Admissions for more information. Calvary accepts military benefits intended to pay for tuition. Information may be obtained by contacting the Financial Aid Department.

A Calvary degree is a natural fit for individuals motivated by a desire to serve the church and the world from a biblical perspective. Class sizes are small, and open sharing is encouraged. Students are intellectually challenged to achieve their highest potential in their career path.

Calvary also participates in ROTC and accepts college credits earned while serving in the military. Evaluation of military transfer credits are offered at no charge by contacting the appropriate department.

Students entering the college, graduate school, or seminary may contact the Registrar’s Office for more info.

To determine if you are eligible for college credit, advanced placement, or other recognition for your military training as a soldier, reservist, or Army National Guard member, contact the AARTS transcript online or by calling toll-free (866) 297-4427 to order the Army/ACE Registry Transcripting System. Sailors, Marines, and veterans should order the ACE Registry Transcript by calling toll-free (877) 253-7122.


Post-911 G.I. Bill information

Veterans Health Benefits

Veterans Affairs

Veterans Employment and Training

US Army

Army Veterans


Army Air Force

US Navy

US Marine Corps

US Coast Guard

VA Claim Assistance for Mesothelioma Veterans

Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges

    For More Information: