The Bible and Theology Department provides instruction in the Word of God, the tools necessary for personal study of that Word, the biblical philosophy which provides a solid foundation for living, and the scriptural motivation to put into practice scriptural standards and precepts.
- Bible & Theology, Baccalaureate Degree
- Bible & Theology / Pastoral Studies, Baccalaureate Degree & Master of Divinity Degree combined
- Biblical Studies, Associates Degree
- Bible Track, One-Year Certificate
- Life Track, One-Year Certificate
Bible & Theology Objectives
Bible & Theology Students will…
- Will possess basic biblical and theological facts as a foundation for meditation, teaching, and further study.
- Will accurately analyze, interpret, and apply biblical passages in a continuing commitment to personal Bible study.
- Will understand Scripture as the ultimate authority for their worldview and lifestyle.
- Will acquire a knowledge and understanding of God and His Word that will enhance and maintain a life-time of close, personal, and obedient relationship with Christ and His Church.
- Who choose to enter graduate/seminary study will acquire a solid education foundation to do so.
Dr. Gary Gromacki
Th.M, D. Min, Ph.D.
Department Chair of Bible & Theology, Director of Ph.D. Program in Bible & Theology, Professor of Bible & Theology
Program Director of Bible & Theology, Assistant Professor of Bible & Theology
Dr. Thomas Baurain
Dean of the Seminary, Professor of Bible & Theology
Dr. Mike Dodds
Director of the CU Press, Professor of Ministry Studies
Dr. Keith Miller
Adjunct Faculty, Bible & Theology
Dr. Neil Nelson
M.Div., S.T.M., Ph.D.
Professor of New Testament
Dr. Luther Smith
M.A., M.A., Psy.D.
Dean of the College, Department Chair of Biblical Counseling, Associate Professor of Biblical Counseling
Mr. Joel Williamson
Professor of Biblical Languages
M.S., M.A., M.Div.
Chief Operations Officer, Assistant Professor of Bible & Theology and Biblical Counseling.
Dr. Robert Courtney
Adjunct Faculty, Greek
Dr. Daniel Goepfrich
Adjunct Faculty, Greek
Dr. Allan Henderson
Vice President of Eastern Initiatives, Eastern Missouri Site Director, Professor of Education and Bible
Bible & Theology
Calvary University graduate assistant, Christopher Johnson, receiving the "Biblical Greek Award" in 2018 from CU Professor, Dr. Neil Nelson."I feel a tremendous obligation and duty to know my material well..." Christopher Johnson has three words of advice for...
Joel Williamson speaking in a recentChapel.“This isn't just a school. It's a training ground.” Joel Williamson has been teaching at Calvary University for thirty-nine years. “I stayed at Calvary because Calvary was doing what needs to be done,” Williamson...
Rachel Carlson, a student who recently took BI115 Bible Study/Hermeneutics, writes an excellent paper on Mark 12:28–34 walking through ten basic exegetical steps discovering the meaning and application of the passage.
"Faith on the Edge" to compete for Feature Documentary Award"Faith on the Edge," a documentary film backed by Calvary University in 2019, has been honored as an official selection by the Christian Worldview Film Festival based in Nashville, Tennessee. The film was...
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us... And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:5-6When I first heard the magnificent strains of “Unto Us a Child is Born” from Handel’s Messiah, I...
"Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him." Psalm 37:7Karen Hange is the Program Director of Elementary Education and Assistant Professor of Elementary Education at Calvary University Waiting. It is not something many of us like to do. We live in a world where we...
The names and titles for God found in the Bible are carefully brushed strokes on the canvas of God’s most awesome work: The revelation of Himself.Shakespeare’s Juliet asked, “What’s in a name?” The irony of the question lies in the fact that her name was her biggest...