The Professional Directed Studies Department enables academic learning in cooperation with other CHEA accredited institutions. Students can study at Calvary and integrate courses taken from another academic institution in order to major in an academic program not offered at Calvary.
Professional Directed Studies Objectives
- The student will integrate the Biblical worldview with his professional majors.
- The student is able to attend Calvary and major in an academic program not offered at Calvary.
- The student must complete two qualifying semesters at Calvary before being admitted into the Professional Directed Studies Program. (A student transferring more than 30 hours into a Professionally Directed Studies Program and meeting the academic requirements may have this prerequisite waived and be allowed into the Professional Directed Studies program his/her first semester.)
- The student must have the academic credentials for acceptance to both institutions (e.g., high school transcripts and ACT scores corresponding to the entry requirements of Calvary and the other institution).
- Academic advising from both institutions is required, and the student must submit contact information from the other institution to the Professional Directed Studies Director.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher with no grade lower than 2.0 in all professional and content courses must be maintained.
- The student must annually submit official transcripts to the Calvary Registrar’s Office.
Approved Bachelor Majors in Professional Directed Studies
(Follow the links to see planners for each major)
Approved Associate Majors in Professional Directed Studies
Approved Minors in Professional Directed Studies
Aviation Flight Training
Professional Directed Studies Faculty
Director of the Clark Academic Center, PDS Program Director, Assistant Professor of English and Education