Website El Camino Church
Hours: Full Time – 40+ hours
Pay: Salary (TBA)
Vacation: 3 weeks, plus 1 week sick leave (See Employee Handbook)
Benefits: See Employee Handbook
El Camino Church
Summary of Position:
The Youth/Next-Generation Pastor of El Camino Church will lead and organize an effective youth ministry, implementing outreach, evangelism, discipleship, and mobilization of students. He will strive to help all aged children and youth to understand the journey of their relationship with Jesus Christ, encourage students who seek to expand their knowledge of God and support them in the development of their love for God and others.
Skills you will need to have:
• Must be a team builder, ready, and able to equip others to carry out effective ministry.
• Must be capable of speaking as the key communicator within Jr and Sr High programs with the goal of creating lifelong followers of Jesus.
• Speak on Sunday morning main church when asked (Approx. 3-5 times a year).
• Must be passionate about students and families and committed to spiritual growth for both.
• Must be able to use social media in a way that is relevant to the next generation.
• Must be able to manage volunteers, events, and administrative tasks in Student/Children’s Ministry.
• Must be teachable.
Youth Pastor (6th grade-12th grade) Responsibilities:
• Develop and expand all student ministry programs through discipleship and outreach programs both large and small, i.e., Sunday mornings and weekly “youth group”, etc.
• Invest time with junior and senior high students and families to know individuals and minister to them.
• Maintain meaningful contact and participation with parents of junior and senior high students, including good communication with parents.
• Recruit, train and supervise volunteer leaders.
• Integrate Junior and Senior High programs and students into the life of El Camino Church.
• Develop and maintain written annual plans and goals for junior and senior high youth ministries.
• Manage ministry within approved budget and track expenses in a timely manner.
• Plan and lead twice yearly “large” outreach events for youth ministry.
• Plan and lead yearly summer camps for youth ministry.
• Plan and lead a mission trip every other year for youth ministry.
• Participate in other ministry functions as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
• Continued growth and understanding of ongoing issues in student ministry and societal issues affecting students and their families in today’s culture for the purpose of helping volunteers and families understand and respond in a biblical manner.
• Availability to work extended hours and weekends.
• Willing to serve in other areas of ministry when needed.
• Lead and assist with planning and executing church-wide events.
Next Generation (Birth-5th grade) Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and align the purpose, vision, and leadership of the Next-Generation Ministries with Children’s director.
• Oversee children’s ministry goals throughout the year.
• Be direct report to children’s director.
• Take the lead in connecting new families with the El Camino community.
• Plan and implement youth and family ministry events and programs.
• Create and promote consistent opportunities for youth and children to serve in the Kingdom of God.
• Experience in the area of youth ministry (3-5 years preferred).
• Bachelor’s degree with youth/children’s ministry emphasis (preferred).
• Proven track record with the ability to connect with children, students, and families.
• Able to break down projects into manageable steps and delegate.
• A self-starter who can foster the spiritual formation of El Camino’s emerging generation.
• Possess Christian maturity.
• Models Christian character at work, home, and social life.
• Understanding of El Camino Church’s Constitution and By-laws.
• Strive to uphold El Camino Church’s Handbook and Staff guidelines.
• Agreement of El Camino Church’s Statement of Faith.
• Reports to the Senior Pastor.
• Direct report to Children’s director.
• Manages youth ministry volunteers.
• Part of church Ministry Leadership Team (MLT).
• Collaborates with other members of the MLT, and support staff.
• Champions all ministries and volunteers.
Resumes should be submitted to Brad Albin at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com