Cornerstone Bible Church
Cornerstone Bible Church
Platte, South Dakota
Cornerstone Bible Church is seeking a full-time senior pastor, teacher, and spiritually mature leader to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to rightfully divide the word of truth, to engage in pastoral care ministries, have a servant’s heart, and to provide leadership in church life.
Cornerstone Bible Church is a small church in rural South Dakota. Platte is a very agriculture-based town with approximately 1,300 people. It is not far from the Missouri River so the summers are very busy.
On your average Sunday morning there are 11 middle-aged married couples along with 35 children. We meet every Sunday morning with occasional mid-week prayer meetings. We currently are without a pastor so we have been doing a variety of things on Sunday mornings. We have guest pastors speak, a few of our members will give the sermon, or we watch online videos of some of our favorite pastors. For praise and worship, we have two pianist who play for us and lead us in music. Our pianist is also our church secretary. As a church body we help support two missionaries a month. We also have no financial debt and own our church building.
The church uses an eldership form of government. Ideally it is composed of a pastor, elders, and deacons answerable to the congregation. Although elders act jointly in collective leadership and share equal authority and responsibility, the pastor is recognized as “first among equals”.
What We Believe
Cornerstone Bible Church, standing on the authority of God’s Word and submitting to the headship of Jesus Christ, seeks to make disciples of all nations. As disciples of Jesus Christ, we are continually devoted to the teaching of the Apostles, fellowship of the body, observance of the breaking of bread and baptism, and to prayer.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is our sole authority in matters of faith and practice. II Tim. 3:16
2. We believe there is One God, revealed to mankind as three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. All three are deity and equal. Matt. 28:19
3. We believe man was created in the image of God, became sinful in Adam’s fall and must be born again by union with Jesus in death, burial and resurrection. Rom. 6:3-4, Gen. 1:26
4. We believe in the resurrection of all human beings. The saved to eternal life and the lost to eternal hell. John 3:16, Rev. 20:15
5. We believe the Church is a living spiritual body of which Christ is the Head and all regenerate people are members. The local Church is a group of believers associated together for worship, fellowship and work. II Cor. 5:17-21.
If you are interested in this position or if you have questions. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 605-207-0010.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com