Website Colonial Presbyterian Church
During the summer months, the summer staff leader serves as the point person for summer staff interns, providing direct oversight for their weekly rhythms of Bible Study & Prayer, Accountability, Discipleship, Worship, Service, Outreach, and the planning and execution of Colonial’s Junior High and High School ministries. Room and Board is included.
- Reports to: Youth Pastor/Directors
- Supervises: Summer Staff Interns
- Teams With: Co-Summer Staff Leader
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Model & continue developing personal devotional life through practicing spiritual disciplines, especially devoting time to pray over the student ministry (students, families, volunteers, unreached).
- Lead Discovery Bible Studies & prayer practices with summer staff interns to utilize with their students.
- Develop personal, discipleship relationships with summer staff interns – offering 1-on-1 accountability, providing Biblical counsel, and fostering unity among the group.
- Review & Revisit weekly contact work with interns – ensuring that every student on a roster is contacted each week. Collect documentation of contact work.
- Partner with summer staff interns to plan weekly programming of events & weeknight gatherings.
- Share the Gospel through small groups and involvement in the community.
- Live in Christian community at the SKC Campus (Guys in the dorm, Girls in the church).
- Uphold the values of Colonial and carry out the summer staff policies outlined by leadership and youth staff.
- Be in regular contact with Youth staff and communicate needs, resources, and solutions in weekly meetings.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a college or graduate student who is actively involved in a ministry at school or church and who desires to explore ministry further. Rising college junior, senior, or graduate student preferred.
- Must possess at least one or a combination of the following spiritual gifts: teaching, pastor/shepherd, leadership, evangelism, and administration.
- Current CPR and first aid certification.
Housing and food are provided. Summer staffers will work at one or both Colonial sites (South Kansas City and Overland Park), and in the community.
- 40 Hours, Temporary, Exempt
- Orientation Week: May 22-26 (Onboarding), Employment extends through August 6th, 2023.
To apply for this job please visit colonialkc.ccbchurch.com.