Title: Adjunct Faculty, Biblical Counseling
Started at Calvary: July 1994
Professional Information: Diploma, Moody Bible Institute, 1969; B.A. Western Illinois University, 1993; M.S. (Biblical Counseling), Calvary Theological Seminary, 2000; Certified Member of American Academy of Biblical Counselors (AABC).
Favorite aspect of teaching at Calvary: I love getting to know the students and interacting with them. It is a delight to teach God’s Word, and my passion is for Biblical Counseling!
Favorite class to teach: There are 2 classes that are a fantastic privilege for me –
- Introduction to Biblical Counseling – Teaching this course gives me the opportunity to meet each of the Biblical Counseling majors. It is often their first exposure to biblical counseling and it’s exciting to see their commitment.
- Spiritual Formation for Women – This unique class is for women who desire to see the potential God has for them and to consider how He can use them in today’s world. It is a practical class that covers a variety of topics.
How did past ministry/professional experience lead to your position at Calvary: I can trace God’s hand all through my life and see how He has been preparing me for stewardship of the Biblical Counseling department. Since my teens, I have had a strong commitment to God and His Word as the answer for life. (I just didn’t know at the time that was biblical counseling!) After Bible college and marriage, my husband and I spent over 20 years in the pastorate. The next step of preparation was 14 years as the Associate Dean of Students at Calvary. I love working with young adults – they challenge me and help keep me thinking young!
Ministry/Professional involvement outside of Calvary: Opportunities to support the local church in speaking at women’s groups, retreats, and banquets.
- Author – Quick Scripture Reference for Counseling Women. Baker Publishing 2002. Revised 2013.
- Co-Author with Keith Miller – Quick Scripture Reference for Counseling Youth. Baker Publishing 2006. Revised 2013.
- Co-Author with Keith Miller – Quick Scripture Reverence for Counseling Couples. Baker Publishing 2016.
Contact Mrs. Miller
After teaching full-time for 24 years at Calvary, the Millers are back as adjunct faculty.
The Alumnus of the Year award is given annually to a Calvary graduate who has shown faithfulness in his or her service to the Lord.