Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
This position models Biblical hospitality in the coordination of support services for the daily care of our Center guests as part of our in-house services team.
● Ensure the safety of our guests and program participants by effectively communicating Center policies, executing established safety procedures for guests and collaborating with the Administrator in enforcing appropriate discipline as needed.
● Complete and account for Center management services through the generation and communication of incident and shift reports, bed and room assignments, and required documentation in the CaseWorthy database with accuracy and timeliness.
● Collaborate with housekeeping and facilities staff to ensure the Center is clean and supplies are stocked.
● Follow established procedures for notifying appropriate staff during emergency situations.
● Submit timely and accurate incident, maintenance and shift documentation reports.
● Participate in cross-training to assume hotline guest coordinator duties as necessary.
● Serve as a positive contributing member of the Ministry team and actively collaborate with all staff to maintain communication and ensure the successful delivery of service to all guests in unity with the purpose and goals of the Mission.
● Seek to exemplify Jesus Christ daily and be prepared to share the gospel as opportunities arise.
● Perform other duties as required.
City Union Mission Requirements:
● Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities arise during the workday. (1 Peter 2:21, 3:15)
● Have a desire to serve the Lord through widely varied responsibilities to advance ministry to those currently homeless, and the urban poor of Kansas City, with a compassionate heart.
● Agree to City Union Mission’s Statement of Ministry:
o Be a genuine believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, as expressed by personal testimony and conduct.
o Be a member in good standing of a recognized protestant, evangelical church for one year or more.
o Have a genuine concern for the ministry of City Union Mission.
o Have a minimum of one year of sobriety from alcohol and drugs and six months from tobacco.
o Agree to abstain from alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, and tobacco while employed by City Union Mission.
o Have a lifestyle that is free of sexual sin as clearly defined in the Bible.
● Demonstrate experience exhibiting good judgment, sensitivity, neatness, accuracy and dependability.
● Must be able to demonstrate effective and clear communication, and be flexible and adaptable to work in a fast paced environment.
● Demonstrate computer literacy in Google and Microsoft applications.
● Obtain a manager’s level food safety certification from either the Health Department or ServSafe within 90 days of employment start date as a condition of continued employment.
Education and Experience:
● Required: High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of work experience.
● Prolonged periods of sitting/standing/kneeling, etc.
● Ability to ascend/descend stairs multiple times throughout the shift.
● Must be able to lift 40 pounds at times.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org