Introducing the Cast and Crew of Calvary Theatre’s next production, Silent Sky!
Auditions for Silent Sky were held on August 30 with call backs on September 1, and the results are in! This five person cast includes Sedayn Bennett as Margaret Leavitt, Lindsay Lee as Annie Cannon, Corey Ruehling as Peter Shaw, Ana Sharp as Williamina Fleming, and Christy Stone as the central character, Henrietta Leavitt. This is a production you don’t want to miss, so get the dates on your calendar now. A synopsis of Henrietta’s story and information about the production are below…
Over one hundred years ago, a young astronomer by the name of Henrietta Leavitt discovered how to measure the universe! Her accomplishments have remained largely uncelebrated until recent times. Calvary University Theatre Arts is excited to produce the extraordinary story of the woman who produced the body of research that made modern space exploration possible. Living in a time when women had only begun their fight for the right to vote, she did it all without ever looking through a telescope. Telescopes were forbidden viewing for Henrietta and all women of the early twentieth century. Think what she could have done with the Hubble!
Join us to wonder! Come celebrate her life and a move into a deeper experience of the handiwork of God.
- Liberty Chapel, 15790 Elmwood, Kansas City, MO 64147
- Evening Performances:
- Friday, October 14, 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:45 p.m.
- Saturday, October 15, 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:45 p.m.
- Matinee Performances:
- Thursday, October 13, 11:00 a.m. Doors open at 10:30 a.m.
- Sunday, October 16, 2:00 p.m.
- Ticket information:
- Tickets are $12 for adults, $9 for students/seniors for all performances except the $7 matinee on Thursday, October 13
- Click here for Advance tickets
- For information and discounts for groups of 10 or more, call 816-322-5152, ext. 1360
Silent Sky is produced by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc., New York