Ministry StudiesBiblical Equipping for Excellence in Life and Service
The Ministry Studies Department program and concentrations are designed to equip students with the essential academic, interpersonal, and practical skills to serve as pastors, associate pastors, missionaries, and ministry directors in local churches and parachurch organizations. Each program combines extensive classroom instruction by ministry-seasoned professors and supervised ministry experiences (i.e., internships) with experienced ministry leaders in order to give students the necessary biblical and practical understanding of ministry in today’s world. The program has multiple concentrations.
Ministry Studies Program and Concentrations:
- Ministry Studies, Baccalaureate Degrees
- Ministry Studies
- Children’s Ministry
- Intercultural Studies
- Pastoral Ministry (Bachelor of Arts)
- Pastoral Ministry (Bachelor of Science)
- Youth Ministry
- Youth Ministry – Worship Arts
- Ministry Studies, Associate’s Degree
- Children’s Ministry
- Ministry Studies
Ministry Studies Objectives
The Ministry Studies student will:
- Demonstrate the Christian Character qualities essential for Christian ministry.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theology, theories, methodologies, and skills essential for effective Christian ministry leadership.
- Develop effective communication skills essential for Christian ministry.
- Develop basic interpersonal skills necessary for addressing the spiritual needs of people.
- Acquire basic ministry skills under the guidance of a mature, seasoned professional supervisor in the kind of ministry setting anticipated after graduation.
Ministry Studies Special Requirements
- A supervised internship in a ministry setting appropriate to the enrolled emphasis is required for Pastoral Ministry, Intercultural Studies, and Youth Ministry students.
- A Senior Seminar oral examination is required for Pastoral Ministry, Intercultural Studies, and Youth Ministry students.
- A grade of C or higher is required in BL232, Greek II, and in each succeeding Greek course before taking the next level Greek course for Pastoral Ministry students.
- A GPA of 2.5 or higher must be maintained in all Ministry Studies courses for Pastoral Ministry students.
Children’s Ministry Resources from CEF
Child Evangelism Fellowship is now offering a 30-minute weekly online Good News Club posted on U-NITE YouTube channel for kids! It features a Bible lesson, song, memory verse, and cliff-hanger missionary story inviting children back next week.
See a Gospel presentation using the Wordless Book. The young boy featured in the video believed on Jesus through the filming!
See an 8-minute video or view a digital copy of the special crisis booklet, “Do You Wonder Why?“.
Ministry Studies FacultyClick on a Picture to Contact Ministry Studies Faculty
Mr. Shaun LePage
Associate VP of Marketing and Communications, Department Chair of Ministry Studies, Assistant Professor of Ministry Studies
Dr. Mike Dodds
Director of the CU Press, Professor of Ministry Studies
Mr. Joshua Paxton
Director of the Burnham Center for Global Engagement; Associate Professor of Intercultural Studies
Dr. Tom Stolberg
Professor of Music
Dr. Randall DeVille
Adjunct Faculty, Ministry Studies
Ministry StudiesDepartmental Blog
Next week Calvary will play host to over 45 missions representatives from more than 25 agencies! The annual Conference on Global Engagement brings together alumni, partner ministries and students to learn about what is happening around the world to reach the lost. We...
https://youtu.be/k059sB7MmRo Interested? Learn more here: SYNERGY
All interested students, faculty, staff, and CU friends are invited to a 2019 Israel Trip Informational Meeting, Tue, Oct 16, 2018, 8:00 pm, in the Langmade Room of the Conference Center. Contact Dr. Mike Dodds (ext 1348).with specific questions about the meeting and...
September 12—19, Dr. Mike Dodds, the Ministry Studies Department Chair, is in Uganda teaching a course on preaching to Pastors from 5 different East African countries. Pictured are a number of the pastors and Dr. Dodds and the host Pastor Wellington Oliech, pastor of...
Join Calvary University in India May 19-June 1, 2019! Calvary University has a long standing tradition of hosting and training students from India. Only a few short years ago one of those students lead several summer ministry teams to his home country. Now another one...
Hot off the heels of spending time in Greece the Burnham Center for Global Engagement is already preparing for 5 potential trips for the summer of 2019. Itineraries and plans are being assembled for trips to Southern Texas and Israel. Three other possible locations...
Ministry Studies Department Hosting a trip to the Holy Land, June 9–22, 2019 Every pastor and Bible teacher should see first-hand the land of the Bible. It will help their teaching and preaching come alive! The Ministry Studies Department Chair, Dr. Mike Dodds, is...