Website Westbrooke Church
To glorify God by seeking Christ-centered transformation
Westbrooke Church in Overland Park, KS is looking for a part-time Worship Director who will work closely with the Lead Pastor and collaborate with other staff where applicable. The position involves 20-25 hours a week and requires a person who has a love for Jesus, has an ability to lead worship, vocally and instrumentally, and desires to lead and empower others for ministry.
- The Worship Director is responsible for assembling, vetting, and scheduling all current and future participants in the worship ministry.
- Plan and operate within an annual budget to adequately meet the needs of the various services and programs.
- Effectively work alongside and promote other ministries within the church.
- Oversee Planning Center Online for communication and training, maintaining knowledge and updates.
- Ensuring that all roles are filled for the order of service and theme of service.
- Oversee the technology and communications teams.
- Understand technology and sound mixing as it relates to corporate worship and digital production and distribution.
- Effectively develop and rehearse Worship Teams, reviewing notes, rhythms and working on memorization (if needed), etc.
- Help set up Worship Teams on Sunday morning and other special services.
- Keep in contact with Worship Teams, making sure that all positions are covered and that the weekly music has been thoroughly prepared.
- Make sure we are covered for extra services i.e. Christmas Eve, Good Friday, Easter.
- Help to empower and engage congregants who desire to help with and participate in the Worship Ministry.
- Attend staff meetings on Monday mornings to collaborate with other staff.
- Attend meetings on Thursday mornings to prepare for the Sunday service.
- Ensure a smooth transition from the current worship director.
To apply for this job please visit westbrookechurch.org.