Website The Hearth Room
Traditional values in a nontraditional school
The Hearth Room is seeking a Site Coordinator to prepare for launch and oversee our first campus in the Fall of 2022.
The Site Coordinator is responsible for the excellent and efficient daily functioning of the school, including the management of staff, implementation of policies, and planning of events. This position reports to the Executive Director.
· Ensuring facility is ready for tours
· Setting up accounts, ordering supplies, and managing vendors
· Assisting with the process of registration and/or accreditation with multiple entities
· Attending promotional events
· Developing safety plans
Ensuring the ongoing safety of students and staff
Finances and Business
· Tracking expenses, and maintaining current and accurate financial reporting
· Ensuring that the school is meeting legal requirements, including permits, records, and academics
· Managing employee schedules and developing a substitute pool to ensure coverage
· Maintaining employee information
· Enforcing policies and handling staff correction (if needed) with a balance of grace and firmness
· Continually reading Montessori’s books to ensure an authentic Montessori environment
· Researching special education resources when needed
· Regular communication with the Executive Director, consulting on important goals, decisions and concerns
· Evaluating processes, routines, and policies, and overseeing their consistent implementation
· Integrity: above reproach; letter of recommendation from pastor or church leadership staff required
· Passionate about nontraditional education is a must
· Financial management and business skills
· Warm, but solid leadership presence; ability to build and sustain close relationships to nurture students, parents and staff, while maintaining appropriate boundaries with consistency
· Excellent communication skills, both in written correspondence and public speaking
· Strong work ethic with organizational and time management skills
· Strategic thinking; ability to explore new ideas and strategies while considering the needs of the multiple constituencies
· Physical: Ability to traverse several acres of uneven terrain, lift 75 pounds, and easily reach items on the floor/get down on the level of a child and return to upright
· Clean criminal record
· Employees must pass a drug test and must abstain from use of illegal drugs and drunkenness
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
· $30,000 base, with opportunity for increase as enrollment and financial goals are achieved
· Career path could include promotion to Head of School if an AMI Montessori diploma is obtained.
· 100% tuition coverage for 1 child (education currently available through 6th grade)
· A cozy and peaceful setting
· Faith-focused staff and board
Send a Letter of Interest and Resume to email@example.com. Candidates who do not possess formal Montessori training are encouraged to describe their philosophy on education.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
In the spring of 2021, The Hearth Room’s founder began mapping out the school of her dreams for her five children and others in the Kansas City area (and hopefully beyond). The Montessori approach had already proven to produce joyful, curious children who are capable, disciplined, creative initiators. This educational foundation would be enhanced with additional emphases in civics, time in nature, and Bible study.
By early summer 2021, thirty-five families had expressed their interest in the school, and a hunt for a location was in progress. Although it was a longer process than anticipated, the board is excited to have secured its first location—a small parsonage on 4 acres of meadow with woods and a small pond. Inside, the facility is warm like a home, adorned with shelves full of attractive materials, inviting students to come explore.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org