Website Stilwell United Methodist Church
Next Gen Ministries Intern
Reports to: (1) Next Gen Leader; (2) Staff Parish Relations Team
Coordinates with: (1) Pastor
Estimated Hours per Week: Five (5) to eight (8)) hours per week, with variations that may occur based on church events (e.g., VBS) as directed by the Next Gen Leader.
Job Type: Volunteer____ Paid__X__
FLSA Status: Hourly__X__ Salary____
The Next Gen Intern will work with Next Gen Leader to further the mission and vision of Stilwell United Methodist Youth and Children’s Ministries through Sunday morning, mid-week, special events and communications.
· Assist the Next Gen Leader with various leadership and administrative tasks for youth and children’s ministries.
· Help with children’s ministry communication as directed by the Next Gen Leader (email, social media etc.)
· Work as integral support for youth and children’s special events, including VBS.
· Lead Wednesday Kid Connection as needed.
· Support nursery needs as required.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Next Gen Leader.
Basic Position Requirements and Skills
· High School graduate or working toward college degree preferable.
· Experience working with children, preferably in a ministry or church environment.
· Have a sense of calling to disciple children and youth.
· Flexibility and willingness to work with others.
· Creativity of and proper use of social media applications.
· Available on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings and 1st Friday of each month.
· Successfully complete the Safe Gatherings certification (cost paid by SUMC).
· Adhere to the Stilwell United Methodist Church Employee policies and procedures.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org