Website South Haven Summer Camp
Summer Camp Class Lead
The position is responsible for completing any instruction from the Camp Director relating to the overall camp program and daily camp activities. The Class Lead is responsible for the care, safety, protection and supervision of the camp environments, staff and participants.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Knowledge of camp policies, rules, guidelines as well as general practices and procedures followed at South Haven Baptist Church.
· Complete all instructions for his/her class as given by the Camp Director for all camp activities including weekly trips and special activities and/or assignments.
· Works closely, cooperatively and amicably with all staff members.
· Handles questions, problems, and concerns of parents/guardians before and during camp.
· Monitors and ensures appropriate participant behavior and adherence to camp rules and regulations.
· Handles emergency situations in conjunction with the Camp Director and reports them to the Kids Ministry Director.
· Checks Id at Sign-in/Sign-out
· Be certain there is always enough camp staff at camp with minimum of two staff members at any one time.
· Filling out all injury and accident reports for every incident in a timely manner.
· Taking care of all injuries including first aid and notifying the Director or Assistant Director.
· Make sure parents sign incident report forms each day.
· Greet parents at check-in/out during the morning and afternoon. Answer any questions parents may have during this time.
Starting Wage: $14.00 per hour
Qualifications: Must be at least 16 years of age and have previous experience working with children. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work collaboratively with others, possess excellent leadership, management and organizational skills. The Class Lead must be patient, enthusiastic, self-controlled and dependable.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently need to walk, stand, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to operate objects or tools, and reach with arms and hands. At times, the employee may need to climb balance, stoop or kneel. The job requires frequent light lifting (5-10 lbs.) and infrequent heavy lifting of up to 50 lbs. The employee will work in the field and be exposed to all type of weather conditions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org