Website Riverside Baptist Church Riverside Baptist Church
Riverside Baptist Church
Senior Pastor Job Description
Riverside Baptist Church is built on the love and teaching of Christ with the mission of
Bringing to Christ, Growing in Christ, and Serving as Christ. We are seeking a pastor who
will help fulfill this vision. He is expected to lead, shepherd and exhort the congregation
using the truth of God’s Word with the goal of glorifying God and advancing His kingdom.
Education and Experience:
1. A bachelor’s degree in ministry is required, a seminary degree is preferred.
2. Has served as a pastor (minimum of 5 years preferred).
3. A godly spiritual life, in compliance with I Tim 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 and Titus 2:6-8
4. Agreement with Riverside Baptist Church Confession of Faith and Constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Inspire, teach, preach and equip the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and to
reach out and serve the community, region and the world.
2. Be involved in building bridges to the local community for the advancement of the Gospel,
positively representing the church in local civic matters.
3. Be the pastoral shepherd for members and attendees utilizing biblical counseling and
guidance, including homebound and hospital visitation and care for members in need.
4. Develop opportunities for mentoring, teaching, evangelism and relationship building for men
and women of the church.
5. Utilize the sermon to make the Word applicable to daily living.
6. Supervise church staff and hold them accountable for their areas of responsibility including
an annual evaluation of their performance.
7. Exhibit highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
8. Involved in planning the weekly worship service with staff and worship team leaders.
9. Oversees the believer’s baptisms, communion, funerals, weddings and child dedications.
10. Being a faithful steward of the resources of the church, both material and finances, while also
assisting in the preparation of the church budget with Elders and Treasurer.
11. Lead, recruit and work as a team with the Elders, Deacons and Treasurer.
12. Perform other duties as necessary.
Riverside Baptist Church is located in Central Illinois. With an average attendance of 130, we
make it our aim to bring people to know Jesus Christ as Savior at all times. The Elder / Deacon
model is utilized for the leadership of the church and our Confession of Faith is available upon
request and is located on our website www.riversidebaptist.us/about
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org