Website Nortonville-Pleasant Grove Christian Church
Non-denominational Christian Church
Job Title: Pastor
Reports To: The Board of Elders
Position Status: Full‐Time
Purpose: The role of the Pastor is to assist the Elders in overseeing the life and direction of the church. The Pastor will have a firm grasp on the purpose, values and strategy of the church and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission. The Pastor will offer pastoral leadership to the congregation alongside the elders and deacons. The Pastor will ensure that the systems, practices, and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its ministry activities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Preaching and teaching: The Pastor will be the primary preacher for all worship services. The Pastor also will provide leadership in planning and executing the Adult Education programs and other programs in discipleship and ministry training, in coordination with other church leaders.
a. Visit members and prospects and lead the membership in a visitation program.
b. Conduct premarital, vocational, family, bereavement, counseling sessions, etc., as needed. Advise other professional help when necessary.
c. Perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funeral services.
d. Work with elders, deacons, church officers, and committees in performing assigned responsibilities. Be
available for and lead in training as needed.
e. Serve as a representative of the church in civic matters.
3. Strategic leadership and planning: The Pastor is responsible for assisting the board of elders in strategic planning and staff coordination in the execution of the church’s purpose. The Pastor will implement strategic goals and vision as a key leader among staff and elders by:
a. Monitoring the spiritual pulse of the congregation through review and accountability.
b. Ensuring staffing, facilities and programs are effectively aligned to meet strategic goals.
3. Staff supervision and development: The Pastor serves as director to staff and volunteers, and leads, evaluates, and mentors existing staff in their respective areas of ministry by:
a. Overseeing staff training and development.
b. Recommends hiring and dismissing staff and prioritizing staff additions to the board of elders for approval.
c. Providing leadership to the pastoral staff in the design and implementation of all church ministries.
d. Working with the board of elders to implement salary reviews and recommendations.
e. Maintaining efficient and effective lines of communication between the staff and elders.
4. Administration: The Pastor oversees and executes the administration of the church through appropriate staff and leadership teams, and ensures the completion of ministry, business, facility, and logistical support functions through staff and volunteers. He must:
a. Provide direction for the effective functioning of the front office support functions.
b. Oversee development of and adherence to church policies and procedures.
5. Evaluation and compensation: The Pastor will provide a monthly report to the Elders on ministry accomplishments and activities either verbally or written. The board of elders will conduct annually a performance evaluation and review of the compensation package.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com