Website Grace Church Aurora
Grace Church Aurora (GCA) is a non-denominational, independent, conservative, evangelical, Bible teaching church governed by a group of elders serving under Christ’s authority. Our purpose is “to glorify God by lovingly making disciples, who worship and obediently serve Him.”
• Our Sunday morning congregation has averaged 80 people in attendance for past 10 years.
• We host a thriving Awana program, drawing participation from other local churches, and averaging over 100 children, 25 youth and 40 leaders on a weekly basis.
• We built our 9008 sq ft facility in 2004, consisting of a main auditorium, an office area, a kitchen and a classroom/meeting wing.
• We employ a full-time pastor-teacher and an onsite office administrator to coordinate the church schedule, church ministries, church accounting, and facility support tasks.
About the Position
Our current pastor has served since June 1991 and is retiring in June 2022. He holds an undergraduate degree (B.A. in Christian Education) from Wheaton College and a Th.M. in Bible Exposition from Dallas Theological Seminary.
We are seeking the next full-time pastor-teacher to grow and shepherd the body of GCA, preserving and building upon our existing teaching standards.
PHILOSOPHY OF PASTORAL MINISTRY
We believe a pastor-teacher…
• Achieves unity and matures the congregation by teaching Biblical truths
• Possesses complete humility towards Scripture
• Acts with the elders as shepherds of the congregation to fulfill our purpose statement and to equip people for works of ministry
• Promotes a heart of eager servitude – not out of compulsion
Awana Opening Ceremony
o Has identified that he is appointed by God with the gift of pastor-teacher
o Agrees with the GCA Statement of Faith
o Follows a systematic, dispensational interpretation of Scripture
o Studies exegetically; is skilled in the correct application of hermeneutics, and expositional teaching
o Possesses a working knowledge of the original Biblical languages
o Demonstrates the character of an overseer as described in Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-7
o Is motivated in all things by love
o Has (or is progressing towards) a Master of Theology or Master of Divinity from a seminary aligned with the GCA Statement of Faith
o Has prior pastoral experience
o Is able to develop a collaborative vision to grow the Body of Christ
• Is the primary teaching pastor, characterized by verse-by-verse or categorical exposition of the “whole counsel of God”
• Matures and unifies the congregation through solid teaching, to train in distinguishing good from evil
• Exhorts in sound doctrine and rebukes those who contradict, being aware of cultural trends and equipping against false doctrines
• Protects the flock by ensuring the teaching from the pulpit and within the church ministries is consistent with the GCA Statement of Faith
• Establishes a teaching schedule in accordance with his own talents and abilities, as he is led by the Spirit
• Participates in church leadership activities including elder meetings, budget stewardship, and strategic vision development
• Exemplifies and encourages evangelism to grow the local and universal Body of Christ
• Lovingly shepherds in Christ’s manner by feeding the flock and reaching out to the lost
• Leads by example in personal spiritual discipline and growth
Just as the body has many members that do not all have the same function, so also the members of GCA have different spiritual gifts. The pastor is not expected to serve out of compulsion in other church ministries beyond teaching but he is welcome to serve as he is led by the Spirit in the exercise of his spiritual gift(s).
The pastor’s annual compensation and benefits package will be negotiated with the candidate based on experience and other factors. He will be a full-time employee.
Please provide the following information to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. A personal theological position summary for each of the eight Statements of Faith and Distinctives of Grace Church Aurora from the GCA Statement of Faith
3. A personal theological approach to the interpretation of scripture
4. A personal summary of a philosophy of ministry of a model church; i.e. how a church should operate
5. Autobiographical sketch of applicant and family
6. Statement of how a person passes from spiritual death to spiritual life
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com