Website First Baptist Church Peculiar
The main responsibility of the Pastor of Worship and Family Discipleship is to work closely with the Senior Pastor, staff, musicians, families, and media production volunteers to lead First Baptist Peculiar in worship of Jesus Christ and growth in Christian discipleship.
The Pastor of Worship and Family Discipleship shall develop and coordinate a comprehensive music program to lead all people to utilize music in the worship of God. His general responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, devising, aand executing a music and worship plan that will be meaningful and appropriate for all age levels while including as many different musical styles as needed. He will lead out in either children or youth ministries, serving in an oversight and teaching role. He will also be responsible for various ministerial duties as common to all pastoral staff.
Pastor of Worship and Family Discipleship Responsibilities:
· Plans and leads music for all services including special events
· Selects and coordinates congregational songs with sermon topics and seasonal themes and leads congregational singing where practical
· Leads worship team rehearsals
· Maintains physical assets of the worship program including sound equipment, lighting equipment, video equipment, musical instruments, staging, sets, costumes, props, etc.
· Maintains the music library and any copyright licensing
· Reserves the right to approve anything that pertains to music in the sanctuary within the policies of the church (examples: music for weddings or special programs/events)
· Arranges for sound, light, and video for any special program that the church allows (examples. concerts, meetings/conferences such as approved by church)
· Serves to evaluate requests for the use of the musical instruments of the church by persons other than those designated by the church
· Assists groups within the church to find song leaders as necessary
· Prepare budgets and monitors disbursements for all accounts under his supervision
· Perform baptisms, weddings, funerals, hospital visits, and counseling as necessary
· Participate in weekly staff meetings as arranged by the Senior Pastor
· Serve in outreach events and within other ministries
· Provide oversight and teaching for either children or youth ministries
· All other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
Qualifications for the Pastor of Worship and Family Discipleship:
· All pastors of First Baptist Peculiar are expected to meet the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7
· Affirmation of the Baptist faith and message 2000
· Live in or around, or be willing to move to, the Peculiar area
Compensation and oversight
· This is a salary position. The compensation is $55,000 to be divided between housing and salary as desired.
· The Pastor of Worship and Family Discipleship is responsible to the church. Oversight of this position is provided by the Senior Pastor and Personnel Committee.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org