Website Fellowship Bible Church
Fellowship Bible Church is a non-denominational evangelical church located in Gardner, KS, a suburb of the Kansas City metropolitan area. We are passionate about discipleship, and are devoted to expositional preaching, biblical community, and growing together in the faith. We are also committed to caring for our own in the church family, meeting the needs of the community, and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. This fall we will celebrate 20 years of faithful ministry in the Gardner community.
We are seeking an Associate Pastor of Youth to lead our ministry to youth (grades 7–12) and families. Our youth ministry is blessed with a strong culture of discipleship and a dedicated team of volunteers. Our Associate Pastor of Youth will work with these volunteers and our pastoral staff to provide leadership in teaching our students a biblical foundation, fostering discipleship relationships with students, and continuing to develop our team of volunteers.
- As a pastor of FBC he must meet the qualifications set out in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- He must be spiritually mature.
- He should be humble, detail-oriented, and team-oriented in his approach to ministry as well as being a person who can both provide and follow leadership.
- He must possess strong interpersonal and administrative skills, along with abilities to teach the Bible and shepherd people.
- He must be committed to ongoing growth in faith, biblical and theological literacy, and personal and professional development.
- He should possess or be in progress of a Bachelor’s degree or higher in ministry (or a comparable equivalent in informal training), along with previous experience in youth ministry.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead ministry to middle/high school students:
- Plan and facilitate Sunday morning Bible Hour lessons and activities
- Lead and oversee high school and middle school small groups and Bible studies
- Recruit, develop, and oversee adult volunteers
- Plan and coordinate special youth events (summer camp, retreats, fellowship and outreach events, etc.)
- Cultivate relationships with students to deepen their faith and growth in the Lord
- Assist families as they seek to disciple their children inside their own homes
- Support leaders of elementary/preschool ministry:
- Work with both Elementary Children’s Ministry Director (PT) and Preschool Children’s Ministry Director (PT), as part of the team to minister to families at FBC
- Direct involvement or oversight in these ministries is not expected, but rather partnership and support, as needed
- Other pastoral responsibilities:
- Participate in the overall ministry of FBC through shepherding and providing pastoral care alongside the pastoral staff and elders
- Provide leadership and oversight of other aspects of ministry at FBC, based on personal gifting, passion, and availability
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com