Website El Camino Church
Hours: Full Time – 40+ hours
Pay: Salary (TBA)
Vacation: 3 weeks, plus 1 week sick leave (See Employee Handbook)
Benefits: See Employee Handbook
Note: El Camino Church has both a traditional and contemporary service on Sunday mornings. This position is not specific to only the contemporary service and contemporary style, but it will be the main focus.
The Worship Director/Pastor will contribute to the mission of El Camino Church by creating a worship environment, both inside and outside the church, where people regularly connect with Jesus through music, praise and other means.
Skills you will need to have:
• Must be a team builder, ready, and able to equip others to carry out effective ministry.
• Must be able to lead vibrant and engaging worship from an authentic and transparent faith.
• Must be able to use social media in a way that is relevant to all generations.
• Must be able to manage volunteers, events, and administrative tasks in Creative Arts Ministry.
• Must be teachable.
The Worship Director/Pastor shall lead through multiple avenues of ministry. Specific responsibilities include:
• Primary Role (75%)
• Build a robust team of volunteer instrumentalists and vocalists.
• Help develop next gen musicians and worship leaders.
• Pastor and disciple church members.
• Run weekly rehearsals that prepare volunteers to lead worship both as musicians and as disciples.
• Oversee song selection for weekend services and special events.
• Oversee necessary technologies (e.g., Multitrack, Planning Center, Song Select, Pro Presenter, lighting, etc.) and equipment (e.g., instruments, parts) that allow the team to thrive.
• Secondary Role (25%)
• Function as part of a different ministry in either technology on Sunday morning e.g., soundboard training, lighting, social media, etc. or outreach within Tucson community including trainings, coordinating large outreach events, and be part of missions (GO) Team, etc.
• Speak on Sunday morning when asked. (2-4 times a year)
How you will serve:
• Collaborate with the Senior Pastor and (MLT) to create engaging, memorable, and high-quality worship services.
• Collaborate with Senior Pastor to ensure responsible use of the arts in support of weekly worship services and all other church ministries (including planning, set design, and production).
• Collaborate with Senior Pastor to align songs and services with the weekend message’s “Big Idea” and the overall feel of the weekend services (when able).
• Lead, develop, and care for band and related volunteers.
• Collaborate and lead in other areas of ministry other than worship.
• Be a present and caring presence to the congregation.
• As an active part of the pastoral staff and MLT, engage in related tasks as needed and available throughout the ministry year. Areas may include the following:
• Provide pastoral care and leadership.
• Assist with weddings, funerals, hospital visits, etc.
• Assist Sr. Pastor with strategic relationships of church members; (mentoring, processing, shepherding, etc.)
• Collaborate with Senior Pastor and (MLT) on future vision of church at yearly retreats.
• Participate in online/social media engagement; (daily Bible reading videos, Facebook Live, as appropriate, and available)
• Other duties as discussed and assigned.
• Experience in the area of music/praise ministry; (4+ years preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree in music related field; (preferred)
• Possess Christian maturity.
• Models Christian character at work, home, and social life.
• Understanding of El Camino Church’s Constitution and By-laws.
• Strive to uphold El Camino Church’s Handbook and Staff guidelines.
• Agreement of El Camino Church’s Statement of Faith.
• Reports to the Senior Pastor.
• Oversee the tech director and tech volunteers.
• Part of church Pastoral Team and Ministry Leadership Team; (MLT)
• Collaborates with other members of the MLT, and support staff.
• Champions all ministries and volunteers.
Resumes should be submitted to Brad Albin at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com