Website El Camino Church
Hours: Full Time – 40+ hours
Pay: Salary (TBA)
Vacation: 3 weeks, plus 1 week sick leave (See Employee Handbook)
Benefits: See Employee Handbook
Summary of Position:
The Pastor of Outreach and Connections will provide overall direction and implementation of a Bible-driven, gospel centered evangelism ministry to the City of Tucson. He will provide leadership and oversight of the development of personal and corporate evangelism in a culturally relevant and engaging manner. He will also work on the different connection points within El Camino Church to promote fellowship as a church body. Will be an overall champion for the vision of El Camino Church.
Skills you will need to have:
• Must be a team builder, ready, and able to equip others to carry out effective ministry.
• Must be a self-starter willing to create programs for ministry both inside and outside of the church.
• Must be passionate about the lost in the Tucson community and committed to connecting people with Jesus.
• Must be able to use social media in a way that is relevant.
• Must be able to manage volunteers, events, and administrative tasks at El Camino.
• Must be teachable.
Pastor of outreach and Connections Responsibilities:
Teaching and Engaging People Through Evangelism/Outreach: (75%)
• Develop an ever-increasing local outreach/missions’ culture at El Camino Church.
• Be a liaison and develop deeper partnerships with El Camino’s current local ministry partners.
• Create new local ministry partnership relationships.
• Create, organize, plan, communicate, and lead ministry projects and opportunities for the church.
• Recruit leaders and build teams for local serving projects.
• Recruit, train, and deploy new Global Outreach Team members (Missions).
• Provides visitation for extended El Camino Family – aka shut-ins and those in the hospital.
Connecting the People of El Camino to each other: (25%)
• Recruit, train, develop, and support a team of volunteer leaders and team members, i.e., greeter team, parking team, security team, deacons, etc.
• Lead and resource the team(s) to create a welcoming and inviting environment that helps people move into deeper connection within the church.
• Connect people to engage in the life and heart of the church through Serve teams and Life/Small groups (to be launched in fall of 2023 or the beginning of 2024).
• Availability to work extended hours and weekends.
• Lead and assist with planning and executing church-wide events.
• As an active part of the pastoral staff and MLT, engage in related tasks as needed and available. Areas may include the following:
• Provide pastoral care and leadership.
• Assist with weddings, funerals, etc.
• Assist Sr. Pastor with strategic relationships of church members (mentoring, processing, shepherding, etc.).
• Collaborate with Senior Pastor and (MLT) on future vision of church at yearly retreats.
• Other duties as discussed and assigned.
• Experience in the area of Outreach and connections (3-5 years preferred).
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Christian university (preferred).
• Able to break down projects into manageable steps and delegate.
• A self-starter who can foster the spiritual formation of El Camino’s emerging generation.
• Possess Christian maturity.
• Models Christian character at work, home, and social life.
• Understanding of El Camino Church’s Constitution and By-laws.
• Strive to uphold El Camino Church’s Handbook and Staff guidelines.
• Agreement of El Camino Church’s Statement of Faith.
• Reports to the Senior Pastor.
• Manages ministry volunteers.
• Part of church Ministry Leadership Team (MLT).
• Collaborates with other members of the MLT, and support staff.
• Champions all ministries and volunteers.
Resumes should be submitted to Brad Albin at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org