Website Community Christian Academy
Shaping Minds. Cultivating Hearts. Serving Others.
We are an independent Christian school in Kansas City, Kansas, where there is a great need for Christian education. We seek to support families in providing a purposeful education in which minds are shaped by the transforming power of God, hearts are cultivated by the Word of God and the love of Jesus is embodied in serving others. Luke 10:27 We are seeking dedicated Christian teachers who have been called to Christian education.
Teacher – Job Description
Status: Full-time, 12 months
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The teacher is a competent leader who shepherds the students placed in his/her care. In caring for students, special attention is given to each student’s needs.
· Leads by example in showing the importance of involvement in a Bible-believing church, Scripture memorization, Bible study, prayer, and witnessing
· Driven to lead others to accept God’s gift of salvation in Jesus Christ and encouraging them to growth in their faith
· Seeks to maintain a healthy, Biblical balance between God, family, church, and calling
· Models a life characterized by Biblical principles in relation to discipleship, attitude, speech, and actions
· Manages conflict in dealing with students, parents, staff, and administration by employing the Matthew 18 principle
· Stays current in field via conferences, seminars, CEU’s, etc.
· Knows and follows all Board of Education and Administrative policies and Procedures (Staff, Parent/Student, Crisis, and Activities Handbook)
· Promotes unity and kindness within the school through participating in meetings, the sharing and receiving of ideas, and maintaining a spirit of collegiality
· Effectively and appropriately communicates with students, parents, staff, and administration in a clear and timely manner
· Organizes, maintains, and manages every area of their domain; to include attendance and grade records, lesson planning, and calendars
· Demonstrates Christ-like love for others within CCA and throughout the community
· Accepts and respects each student and assists them in reaching their fullest potential
· Exhibits the fruits of the Spirit in their relationships with others
· Maintains confidentiality
· Promotes the uniqueness of CCA and represents the school in a favorable and professional manner to all.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
· Plans lessons, at least a week in advance, that are based on the school’s course of study and curriculum objectives, preparing the electronically or via sub folder for unexpected absences
· Plans for and conducts productive parent conferences
· Evaluates students properly, fairly, timely, and efficiently
· Integrates Biblical truth in all subject areas
· Maintains a classroom atmosphere that is conducive to optimal learning
· Uses effective, consistent, and fair administration of discipline
· Establishes and executes classroom routines, expectations, and procedures
· Demonstrates an appropriate level of knowledge in his/her subject area
· Maintains a classroom atmosphere characterized by joy and enthusiasm
· Provides effective introductions, explanations, and summaries of instruction material to aid in student comprehension
· A teacher’s life should reflect that of Jesus Christ.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com