Website Colonial Presbyterian Church
Summer Staff has existed as a place for college students to live out the gospel of the Kingdom since 1971. Colonial Summer Staffers are college-aged students who are dedicated to the Kingdom of God and have a heart to serve within student ministry. We hire between 12-15 people each year for a 10-week paid summer internship. Room and board is included. Interns minister in all four quadrants of our student ministry department (middle and high school at both of our campuses) as well as our college ministry. We are looking for college students who are pumped about serving in student ministry, being poured into daily, and living in biblical community together.
Summer Staff Interns plan and execute Junior High, High School, and College ministries at Colonial Presbyterian Church in a manner that glorifies Jesus Christ; minister to junior high, high school, and college students (both within Colonial and the community) in a manner that glorifies Jesus Christ. Summer staffers live together in the church dorms. In the mornings Staffers are ‘poured into’ through Bible studies, seminars, spiritual disciplines, and personal devotion time, while in the afternoons they ‘pour-out’ through relational ministry with teenagers (Bible studies, 1-on-1 discipleship, fun hangouts, etc.).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop personal devotional life through practicing spiritual disciplines.
- Pray for the ministry including (but not limited to) students, parents, volunteers, and staff.
- Develop personal relationships with students (both within Colonial and the community).
- Lead a small group of students in a discipleship relationship.
- Plan weekly club meetings, activities, and one trip.
- Share the Gospel through small groups and involvement in the community.
- Live in Christian community in the Guys’ or Girls’ House.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a student who is actively involved in a ministry at school or church and who desires to explore ministry further.
- Must profess a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and a desire/call to work with students.
- Must have a solid understanding of basic biblical principles and be comfortable in sharing those
principals and the gospel message with students – both in a group and one-on-one
- Must possess and be able to demonstrate leadership, organizational and administrative (time
management) skill that will allow for a successful ministry.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a car.
To apply for this job please visit colonialkc.ccbchurch.com.