Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
In partnership with the L. Minor Care Administrator and the Care Center team, the Guest Coordinator assists in providing a safe community for guests with special needs, high barriers and vulnerabilities due to mental and behavioral health, physical disabilities or age. As part of a multidisciplinary team, this role intentionally provides spiritual support at each point of care, safety oversight, mentorship and discipleship to improve the guest’s quality of life while within the Care Center.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Intentionally and strategically seek to exemplify Jesus Christ and be equipped and prepared to share the Gospel and provide spiritual support at each point of care throughout the assigned shift; showing the love of Christ and biblical hospitality through each interaction.
● Provide leadership, mentorship and shepherding to the guests during assigned shifts through communication of the center and guests’ routine, and during small groups.
● Serve to enhance the guests’ development of natural supports, as well as coping and self management skills to include teaching life skills, cleaning routines and monitoring the cleaning routines of guests.
● Participate and coordinate meal time and fellowship with the guests. Utilize this time to teach healthy interaction and servant leadership amongst our internal community.
● Be prepared to facilitate small group classes during assigned shifts that focus on the Gospel, spiritual wellness, leisure activities and healthy habits for the guests.
● Maintain safety procedures, building opening and closing protocol for meal times and church closings during assigned shifts.
● Provide appropriate verbal and documented observations of guests directly to the administrator to provide input on the care plan as a key member of our care team.
● Respond appropriately to emergency situations and be prepared to deescalate emotional and spiritual crisis situations.
● Conduct safety checks, rounds and monitor the front entrance to the center; engaging guests and visitors with Biblical hospitality.
● Monitor hygiene, shower and laundry routines for all guests. Assist in maintaining cleaning by leading team groups, teaching daily cleaning routines and using moments for ministry.
● Spend significant portions of assigned shift time with guests in a relational versus task oriented focus. Complete other duties as assigned within scope of practice and role.
● Be a born-again, mature Christian. Able to clearly communicate and present the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise (1 Pet. 2:21, 3:15).
● Demonstrated experience exhibiting spiritual maturity, sensitivity, organizational skills and compassion.
● Must have the ability and calling to interact with various types of people. A sound understanding of mental health, disabilities and/or age related challenges. Personal traits which include: patience, caring, maturity and understanding.
● Must be able to communicate and teach effectively, and be able to work in a fast paced, emotional environment.
● Be available to work on weekends, evenings and overnights.
● Education: high school diploma or equivalent.
● Required: Education (or demonstrated work-related experience) in pastoral, counseling, peer support and recovery, residential group or foster settings, care facilities and/or management of vulnerable, veteran, or disabled populations.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org