Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
To minister to community participants and guests who seek services through Community Assistance during the Christmas Season.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Function as a positive contributing member of the Community Assistance team from October to January by engaging in timely communication, active participation in meetings, strategic planning, data management, supplying accurate reports, and problem solving to ensure unity with the purpose and goals of the Mission.
· Assist with receiving and managing donations, writing donation receipts, and documentation; train and supervise any community volunteers, CLP or NLP participant volunteers, keep Christmas store safe, clean, organized, and well stocked; and provide customer service with community Christmas shoppers.
· Oversee the Christmas Store by monitoring organization and inventory, managing shopping experience, ensure appropriate handling of gifts, organization of gift distribution, develop and maintain procedures for shopping and family gifts.
· Assist other areas of Seasonal ministries as asked or needed.
· Participate in departmental meetings as well as other staff meetings necessary for communication, planning, and unity.
· Assist the Community Assistance Administrator with special projects as requested.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Seek to exemplify Jesus Christ daily and to be prepared to share the Gospel as opportunities arise
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise. (1 Peter 2:21 and 1 Peter 3:15).
· Able to lead others in spiritual maturity and demonstrate the attributes of a Christian role model with clients, staff, and the community at large (1Timothy 4:12; Joshua 24:15).
· Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, and computer literacy in Google and Microsoft applications.
· Required: High School diploma or equivalent with 2 years of related experience.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org