Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
This position models Biblical hospitality in the coordination of supportive services for the daily care of our center guests and program participants as part of our weekend and overnight service teams. They respond to phone calls by being a calm and welcoming voice, and providing accurate and timely information regarding viable sheltering options.
· Assist guests and participants with a successful center experience by 1) providing personal care items and clothing through center supplies, 2) clearly communicating, educating and supervising center policies and expectations, and 3) guiding individuals through the center daily schedule.
· Complete and account for center management services through the generation and communication of incident and shift reports, bed and room assignments, and necessary documentation in the CaseWorthy database with accuracy and timeliness.
· Exude professionalism when conducting phone duties (e.g., when transferring calls, answering questions, receiving reservations, taking messages, etc.) and complete accurate and timely documentation.
· Control and manage access to the Family Center during overnight and weekend hours.
· Monitor and provide accurate Family Center census data.
· Able to perform life safety, emergency, and security procedures as needed.
· Seek to exemplify Jesus Christ daily and be prepared to share the gospel as opportunities arise.
· Perform other duties as assigned..
City Union Mission Requirements:
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities arise during the workday. (1 Peter 2:21, 3:15)
· Have a desire to serve the Lord through widely varied responsibilities to advance ministry to those currently homeless, and the urban poor of Kansas City, with a compassionate heart.
· Agree to City Union Mission’s Statement of Ministry:
o Be a genuine believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, as expressed by personal testimony and conduct.
o Be a member in good standing of a recognized protestant, evangelical church for one year or more.
o Have a genuine concern for the ministry of City Union Mission.
o Have a minimum of one year of sobriety from alcohol and drugs and six months from tobacco.
o Agree to abstain from alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, and tobacco while employed by City Union Mission.
o Have a lifestyle that is free of sexual sin as clearly defined in the Bible.
· Demonstrated experience exhibiting good judgment, sensitivity, neatness, accuracy, and dependability.
· Must be able to communicate effectively, and be able to work in a fast paced, emotional environment.
· Demonstrate Computer literacy in Google and Microsoft Applications.
Education and Experience:
· Required: Two years of post-high school education; or 4 years of related experience.
· Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 2 years of related experience
· Prolonged periods of sitting/standing/kneeling, etc.
· Ability to ascend/descend stairs multiple times throughout shift.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org