Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
To provide support to the program by managing the day-to-day activities of the Christian Life Center, building positive relationships with CLP participants, and helping maintain the safety of the participants and the facility.
● Function as a positive contributing staff member of City Union Mission by engaging in timely communication, Biblical Hospitality, active participation in meetings, strategic planning, data management, supplying accurate reports, and problem solving to ensure unity with the purpose and goals of the Mission.
● Assist in the daily program activities during assigned shift by answering questions, helping resolve conflict, providing accountability and supervision of program participants, being available to assist in emergencies, supervising meal times at the Men’s Center, assisting with UA’s, providing transportation, acting as a liaison for volunteers, and participating in program activities,
● Help provide a safe and secure facility by completing routine inspections of access points and completing room inspections for accountability and cleanliness.
● Create and maintain the participant “Evening Details” schedule and supervise the CLP participants in the daily cleaning of the CLC building and surrounding property.
● Manage the linen and clothing inventory by providing monthly reports, helping to supply clothing and personal hygiene needs for the program participants, and managing supplies and donations when they come in.
● Teach Bible, Health Recovery, or Life Skills classes and/or groups. Administer class assessments to each participant.
● Complete other duties as assigned.
● Seek to exemplify Jesus Christ and be prepared to share the gospel as opportunities arise.
City Union Mission Requirements:
● Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities arise during the workday. (1 Peter 2:21, 3:15)
● Have a desire to serve the Lord through widely varied responsibilities to advance ministry to those currently homeless, and the urban poor of Kansas City, with a compassionate heart.
● Agree to City Union Mission’s Statement of Ministry, particularly to:
o be a genuine believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, as expressed by personal testimony and conduct.
o be a member in good standing of a recognized protestant, evangelical church for one year or more.
o have a genuine commitment for the ministry of City Union Mission.
o have a minimum of 5 years of sobriety from alcohol and/or drugs.
● Skilled Computer literacy:
o ability to type at or above 30 words per minute
o fluent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Google Docs, and Gmail,
o operation of google calendar
● Time management and organizational skills
● Able to accomplish many tasks in succession in a systematic manner
● Good Communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Kind demeanor, while having the ability to stand firm on policy
● The ability to lead and make definitive decisions in both a thoughtful and expedient manner.
Education and Experience:
● Required; High school diploma or equivalent
● Ministry background is highly preferred.
● Prolonged periods of sitting is expected.
● Fast paced environment, must be able to keep up with the pace.
● Ability to walk up and down stairs as well as traverse between multiple buildings.
● Must be able to lift 10-20 pounds at times.
● Must be able to operate motor vehicles.
● Ability to drive to our campuses in Kansas City and in Warsaw if necessary.
● Ability to take participants to and from appointments when necessary.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org