Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Specialist will assist in a 24/7 City Union Mission monitoring and reporting center that provides a single point of contact for all emergency and non-emergency physical security and safety issues. The SOC specialist documents and reports all necessary information and coordinates communication and/or necessary actions to ensure a proper and timely response to all crisis/physical security incidents. This position allows us to ensure associate safety, mitigate losses and effectively respond to crisis situations affecting our people, property, reputation, and mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Security Operations Center Specialist is an individual contributor position within the SOC.
· Monitors access control, burglar alarms, fire safety systems, and CCTV systems and coordinate issue resolution with the safety & security team.
· Responds to initial emergency issues and coordinates appropriate actions, per policy or procedure, related to all Mission personnel, guests, volunteers, law enforcement, and property.
· Dispatch and liaise with security officers, law enforcement, fire department, and EMS personnel as required.
· Demonstrates expert written and verbal communication skills to accurately report and maintain detailed logs of all calls and activities to include incidents dealing with theft, safety, and other threat issues.
· Contacts relevant security and non-security employees to coordinate response or for assistance resolving issues.
· Monitors local weather for potential safety & security issues, following protocol in case of an emergency situation.
· Executes Mission-wide communication procedures for major system outages, inclement weather, and safety or security incidents, and disaster situations.
· Answers incoming calls regarding alarms, suspicious activity, and/or security related events.
· Demonstrates excellent customer service skills in all situations, including when answering calls.
· Performs other duties as may be assigned by the SOC leadership team.
Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise. (1 Peter 2:21 and 1 Peter 3:15).
Have a desire to serve the Lord through widely varied responsibilities to advance ministry to those currently homeless and the urban poor of Kansas City with a compassionate heart.
Ability to defuse emotional situations and effectively deliver instructions regarding safety.
Ability to multi-task and work a flexible schedule including a combination of days, evenings, nights, and weekends totaling 40 hours per week, with occasional overtime.
Work effectively within a high intensity environment answers incoming calls regarding suspicious activity and/or security related events.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Prior experience in dispatch, call center, or an SOC environment.
· Relevant work experience, a college degree, or course work study related to security/safety, law enforcement, or criminal justice a plus.
· 1 to 3 years of security/safety experience preferred.
· CPR and first aid training a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org