Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
The Security Officer Position for City Union Mission should be a kingdom-minded individual who embodies servant leadership, thrives on challenge and has a heart for the poor and homeless in Kansas City. Their primary responsibility is to ensure a secure and safe environment for staff, patrons, volunteers, guests and property assets. This position is full-time and reports to the Lead Security Officer, Security Administrator and/or the Director of Security.
· Provide security to the City Union Mission city campuses. Control access to the facility by approved guest, visitors, program participants and staff. Conduct regular and random patrols as directed for security breaches, access and safety concerns.
· Conduct investigations of accidents or incidents. Providing detailed reports on daily activities and any incidents that may have occurred.
· Respond to alarms and disturbances within the premises.
· Monitor surveillance systems for the facility and/or campus.
· Collaborate with law enforcement in the case of suspected or reported criminal activity. Liaise with local law enforcement, fire and EMS offices (services) to develop and foster a mutually beneficial professional working relationship.
· Assist the maintenance staff in securing an area during a maintenance emergency.
· Apprehend or evict trespassers and remove people who violate the rules of the location they secure. Protect the business’ property, staff and the environment by keeping the locations secure. Act in a lawful manner while in defense of the property, staff and environment.
· Assist staff in scheduling and providing guidance in prioritization of security/safety and associated functions.
· Document security and safety policies/procedures and conduct risk assessments for the Safety Administrator or Director of Security.
· Test security systems and, if needed, operating X-ray machines and metal detectors.
· Use provided communication devices such as two-way radios in a clear and concise manner
· Perform CPR or first aid, or use an AED when needed
· Attend all trainings as deemed appropriate by Chief Information Officer, Safety and Security Director or Administrator.
· Assist the Safety Administrator or Director of Security in the training and necessary certification of staff members/volunteers who serve in security or safety specific roles.
City Union Mission Requirements:
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities arise during the workday. (1 Peter 2:21, 3:15)
· Have a desire to serve the Lord through widely varied responsibilities to advance ministry to those currently homeless, and the urban poor of Kansas City, with a compassionate heart.
· Agree to City Union Mission’s Statement of Ministry:
o Be a genuine believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, as expressed by personal testimony and conduct.
o Be a member in good standing of a recognized protestant, evangelical church for one year or more.
o Have a genuine concern for the ministry of City Union Mission.
o Have a minimum of one year of sobriety from alcohol and drugs and six months from tobacco.
o Agree to abstain from alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, and tobacco while employed by City Union Mission.
o Have a lifestyle that is free of sexual sin as clearly defined in the Bible.
· Must pass a drug screening.
· Able to possess Class A or B Security Officer and/or POLU Certification within six months.
Education and Experience:
· This position requires a minimum of 2-4 years of related security experience. Related experience includes law enforcement or public safety experience, investigative and supervisory experience, monitoring (surveillance) systems, working knowledge of latest security protocols, proficiency in control techniques for hostile persons and ability to recognize and react to hostile/hazardous events and persons. Proficient in Use of Force training including firearms.
· Prolonged periods of sitting/standing/kneeling, etc.
· Ability to ascend/descend stairs multiple times throughout shift.
· Must be able to lift 75 pounds at times.
· Must be able to operate motor vehicle, such as 15-passenger van.
· Ability to drive to our campuses in Kansas City and in Warsaw.
· Ability to drive to colleges and universities within a two-hour radius for campus recruiting.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org