Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
To provide individual and group counseling for male guests and program participants in the Men’s Center as a part of our Biblically-informed evidenced-based discipleship recovery program.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Function as a positive contributing staff member of City Union Mission by engaging in timely communication, active participation in meetings, strategic planning, data management, supplying accurate reports, and problem solving to ensure unity with the purpose and goals of the Mission.
· Provide Christ-centered counseling services through initial screenings and individual treatment plans for the guests and program participants in Men’s Ministries to assist with addiction recovery, trauma, emotional healing, and general comprehensive counseling.
· Work with Case Managers and staff to assist in crisis intervention and/or conflict resolution as the need arises.
· Provide regularly scheduled individual and group counseling based on individual’s healthy recovery plan.
· Teach classes and host or lead teach chapel services as necessary or assigned.
· Maintain professional development plan and credentials in good standing. Attend trainings as directed.
· Collaborate with the Men’s Shelter Administrator and Clinical Director to develop resources and curriculum.
· Be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
· Seek to exemplify Jesus Christ daily and present the Gospel daily as opportunity arises.
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise. (1 Peter 2:21 and 1 Peter 3:15).
· Able to lead others in spiritual maturity and demonstrate the attributes of a Christian role model with clients, staff, and the community at large (1Timothy 4:12; Joshua 24:15).
· Demonstrate computer literacy in Google, Microsoft applications, and information management systems.
· Required: Certified Alcohol and Drug counselor or provisionally licensed LPC, LMFT, LCSW with demonstrated proficiency in Biblically-integrated evidenced-based models.
· Preferred: Licensed LPC, LMFT, LCSW with 2-5 years’ experience in counseling, substance abuse or addiction recovery.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org