Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
· To meet the informational and security needs of all individuals in our Shelter and those seeking shelter at City Union Mission.
· To provide a safe and secure environment for staff and guests.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Monitor all client entrance and exit activity at the facility through the controlled lock system, metal detectors, and security cameras.
· Manage the shelter security during assigned shift including providing support to clients through communication, supervision and enforcement of shelter policies.
· Provide information to callers, transfer calls, make bed reservations, and referrals as needed.
· Able to perform life safety, emergency, and security procedures as needed.
· Be a positive, contributing member of security staff, and be responsible to communicate with the appropriate staff, make appropriate reports, attend meetings, etc. to ensure unity with the purpose and goals of the Mission.
· Seek to exemplify Jesus Christ daily and be prepared to share the gospel as opportunities arise.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Be a born-again, mature Christian. Able to clearly communicate the gospel as opportunities during the work day arise (1 Pet. 2:21, 3:15).
· Demonstrated experience exhibiting good judgment, sensitivity, neatness, accuracy, and dependability.
· Must be able to communicate effectively, and be able to work in a fast paced, emotional environment.
· Demonstrate computer literacy in Google and Microsoft applications.
· Education: high school diploma or equivalent and 3 years of related experience.
** This position is currently eligible for a Sign On Bonus!
All Full-Time Evening/Weekend Front Line New Employees will receive a $300 sign-on bonus after completion of thirty days. Another $300 will be awarded after completion of one year, for a total bonus of $600.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org