Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
This position is part of the front line staff. The Case Manager works individually with the guests to develop a case plan that puts the guest on a trajectory which leads them out of homelessness using evidenced based, strengths based case management.
● Aid with the wake up of individuals at 6am, oversee breakfast, and aid in executing the daily exit procedure.
● Meet weekly with each of the guests on his caseload.
● Respond to phone calls in a timely and professional manner. This will include, but is not limited to: taking messages, answering questions, redirecting calls, transferring calls, etc.
● Maintain mobile communication at all times and respond when called.
● Track case notes in CaseWorthy using the SIRP method.
● Follow and enforce the MC policies and procedures.
● Oversee the entrance of any guests who have permission to enter the building during the day.
● Ensure a chapel service occurs at 11:30am. This may include performing the chapel service himself.
● Perform hourly rounds to ensure that the building is safe and secure.
● Contribute to the daily shift log during the shift.
● Report all incidents to CaseWorthy.
● Perform intakes when necessary.
● Perform emergency intakes when necessary.
● Contact emergency personnel (EMS and/or law enforcement) when appropriate.
● Ensure the center facility is cleaned and supplies are stocked.
● Respond to emails in a timely manner as mentioned in the employee handbook.
● Being on time to meetings scheduled by supervisors.
● Serve as a positive, contributing member of the ministry team by collaborating with other team members and compassionately supporting the guests with competence.
● Perform other duties as required.
City Union Mission Requirements:
● Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities arise during the workday. (1 Peter 2:21, 3:15)
● Have a desire to serve the Lord through widely varied responsibilities to advance ministry to those currently homeless, and the urban poor of Kansas City, with a compassionate heart.
● Agree to City Union Mission’s Statement of Ministry:
o Be a genuine believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, as expressed by personal testimony and conduct.
o Be a member in good standing of a recognized protestant, evangelical church for one year or more.
o Have a genuine concern for the ministry of City Union Mission.
o Have a minimum of one year of sobriety from alcohol and drugs and six months from tobacco.
o Agree to abstain from alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, and tobacco while employed by City Union Mission.
o Have a lifestyle that is free of sexual sin as clearly defined in the Bible.
● Basic Computer literacy: ability to type, open and review documents, checking emails, operation of google calendar
● Time management and organizational skills
● Able to accomplish many tasks in succession in a systematic manner
● Good Communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Kind demeanor, while having the ability to stand firm on policy
Education and Experience:
● Required; Bachelor’s Degree (Social work or related field preferred, but not required)
● At least 2 years of related work. experience required.
● Ministry background is highly preferred.
● Prolonged periods of sitting/standing/kneeling, etc.
● Fast paced environment, must be able to keep up with the pace.
● Ability to ascend/descend stairs multiple times throughout the shift.
● Must be able to lift 10-20 pounds at times.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org