Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
To provide oversight and support for City Union Mission’s Applications and Databases
Duties and Responsibilities
· Remove duplication from NetSuite database and assign user roles to internal employees.
· Assist in Backups of City Union Mission data Synology server.
· Monitor OS systems messages on City Union Mission database servers.
· Perform regular updates and refreshes of NetSuite production and Sandbox environments.
· Assist in proxy server cleanup and disk space monitoring.
· Monitor database disk arrays, controller’s performance, QA server.
· Maintain City Union Mission passwords on all database servers and active directory.
· Perform patch/software upgrades using Windows Update Server.
· Develop scripts for creating safe searches and dashboards in NetSuite.
· Audit NetSuite logs on a daily basis to identify any unusual user activity.
· Train IT staff to perform critical functions in the database specialist’s absence.
· Help IT staff ensure that new software used by City Union Mission is upgraded.
· Help evaluate new systems and software for City Union Mission. (Includes formal gathering of user requirements, provide short list of vendors for request for proposal, evaluate vendors systems verses user requirements).
· Provide / Develop in-service training for staff / clients on applications as needed.
· Assist IT support staff with daily functions as needed.
Seek to exemplify Jesus Christ daily and be prepared to share the Gospel as opportunities arise.
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise. (1 Peter 2:21 and 1 Peter 3:15).
· Have a desire to serve the Lord through widely varied responsibilities to advance ministry to those currently homeless and the urban poor of Kansas City with a compassionate heart.
· Have a basic knowledge of network and database administration.
· Having a college degree is beneficial, but not required.
· Have a basic knowledge of computer hardware and its maintenance.
· Have good working knowledge of office and e-mail applications.
· Have general technical troubleshooting skills.
· Be willing to work outside of normal 8 to 4 working hours at times.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org