Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
To represent City Union Mission in a professional, God honoring way, to ensure integrity and confidentiality of all HR processes, to communicate with respect and compassion, to fully support the HR Director, HR team and All Mission employees with a variety of HR tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and follow the lead and direction of the HR Director regarding all HR endeavors.
- Schedule, facilitate, and contribute to employee training as directed. Educate and support leadership to understand and enforce policies and procedures. Lead and encourage employees to embrace and embody the Mission culture.
- Manage application and interview processes with accuracy, professionalism, and great attention to detail. Ensure confidentiality of all electronic and hard copies of records. Correspond with applicants, verifying work history, education, and references with fairness and consistency. Communicate with appropriate leadership teams to schedule and facilitate interviews.
- Manage the details of New Employee Orientation, ensuring accuracy and completion of new employee folders, scheduling Benefits Overview, Policy Handbook Overview, and applicable training. Ensure Supervisors understand and begin the onboarding process.
- Complete appropriate work orders for any new employees and any employee changes.
Communicate to All Mission weekly our Open Ministry Positions, including instructions on how to apply and benefits for referring new employees.
- Manage job postings through Paycom, Christian colleges, social media, and other online forums. Attend Career Fairs, promoting City Union Mission, networking, sharing employment opportunities, and answering other questions about volunteering, donating, etc.
- Ensure job descriptions are accurate, available, and up to date, that all changes go through the proper approval process including approval by Chief Officers and CEO.
- Work with HR Assistant on the All-Job Index; update with staff changes, ensuring information is accurate.
- Announce new staff, staff resignations, and any staff changes to All Mission.
- Ensure all federal and state forms are up to date. Ensure Labor Law Posters are posted and up to date at each City Union Mission location.
- Work with HR Assistant to update monthly HR Report for ELT Meeting.
- Coordinate, working positively and proactively with all volunteers when applicable, to ensure an enriched experience for them, our staff and our guests/residents.
Perform other duties as assigned.
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise. (1 Peter 2:21 and 1 Peter 3:15).
· Have a desire to serve the Lord through widely varied responsibilities to advance ministry to those currently homeless and the urban poor of Kansas City with a compassionate heart.
· Two- or four-year degree in HR or related. Two years’ experience in HR or Business.
· Effective HR administration and people management skills.
· Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent organization and time management skills. Meticulous attention to detail.
· Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
· Highly computer literate with capability in Google, MS Office, and related business and communication tools. Works well under pressure, meets tight deadlines, able to be flexible in an often-changing environment.
Must have clear understanding of each department throughout the Mission.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org