Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
To assist and support the Family Ministries Director, oversee the office operations, and provide administrative support, as needed, to the various Family Ministries, including the youth program, shelter, hotline, camp, Community Assistance program, and New Life Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Participate in departmental and organization meetings, for the purpose of communication, planning, and unity. Occasionally representing Director in meetings.
· Assist the Director to oversee daily office operation including maintaining and updating Google calendars, providing administrative support to other Family Administrators, handling inter-office mail and petty cash, purchase orders, departmental communications, problem solving, phone calls, memos, strategic planning, project management to improve programs and etc.
· Coordinate event planning, including scheduling, acting as a liaison with media and providing on-sight communications between Family Services and Host Groups.
· Assist with volunteer groups assigned to the Family Center; as needed.
· Be responsible for office equipment; scheduling maintenance, and ordering supplies.
· Occasionally prepare and/or present materials for New Life Program classes, leading discussion groups as needed. (e.g. Bible class, co-dependency class).
· Coordinate Christmas Adoption program, including client interview, application process, receiving sponsor requests and coordinating gift distribution for each family.
· Assist with Camper registration, health screenings, send-offs, and returns, and other duties as assigned.
· Seek to exemplify Jesus Christ daily and be prepared to share the Gospel as opportunities arise.
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise. (1 Peter 2:21 and 1 Peter 3:15).
· Exhibit good judgment, oral and written communication skills, and demonstrate background of neatness, accuracy, and dependability.
· Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and ability to deal tactfully with the public, and familiar with office equipment and operations.
· Demonstrate computer literacy in Google and Microsoft applications.
· Required: Associate’s degree and 3 years administrative support or equivalent experience.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in either Business Administration, Organizational Management, Human Services or other related field.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org