Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
The Controller is responsible for managing and ensuring the financial health of City Union Mission, including accounting, banking, budgetary control, financial strategic planning, risk management, project management and various other financial functions.
· Learn all Mission Finance functions including accounting, donor receipts, payables, etc., and serve as backup resource
· Lead and assist Accounting staff with monthly accounting activities and month end close process, ensuring all are in accordance with standard accounting principles and procedures, including:
o Bank reconciliations, ACH, direct deposits (donor), etc.
o General ledger reconciliations (payables, inventory, fixed assets, purchase price variance, payroll, GIK, etc.)
o Month end financial report generation
o Review/analysis of actual results against the budget (researching material variances)
o Review City Thrift store financial results
· Assist CFO with:
o Mission insurance (liability, property, auto, work comp, medical, etc.) and risk management
o Preparing annual operating budget
o Preparation of financial and operating package for monthly Board of Directors meeting
o Capital campaigns
o Reviewing, revising, updating and implementing financial and operational policies
o Responsible for annual external audit
o Developing Mission-wide KPIs and metrics
o Reviewing and enforcing internal controls
o Responsible for completing annual 990
· Other duties as assigned by the CFO
City Union Mission Requirements:
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities arise during the workday. (1 Peter 2:21, 3:15)
· Have a desire to serve the Lord through widely varied responsibilities to advance ministry to those currently homeless, and the urban poor of Kansas City, with a compassionate heart.
· Agree to City Union Mission’s Statement of Ministry:
o Be a genuine believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, as expressed by personal testimony and conduct.
o Be a member in good standing of a recognized protestant, evangelical church for one year or more.
o Have a genuine concern for the ministry of City Union Mission.
o Have a minimum of one year of sobriety from alcohol and drugs and six months from tobacco.
o Agree to abstain from alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, and tobacco while employed by City Union Mission.
o Have a lifestyle that is free of sexual sin as clearly defined in the Bible.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and integrated ERP software systems
· Possess good communication, project and organization skills
Education and Experience:
· Five to ten years experience in all aspects of corporate accounting (Not-for-Profit industry preferred) including a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (CPA preferred)
· Previous supervisory/management experience required
· Prolonged periods of sitting
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org