Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
· To assist with the responsibilities of the Camp Administrator, taking on routine office tasks and seasonally flexing special projects, including coordinating summer internship planning and facilitation.
Duties and Responsibilities
o Oversee city-side camper processes: registration, health screenings, send-offs, returns, early returns – requires driving.
o Oversee summer interns: facilitate or delegate spiritual formation, educational seminars, and community building activities; supervise RMI’s in city-side camper processes; coordinate schedules, training, follow-up
o Process paperwork from summer including evaluations, revisions of manuals and forms, and etc., assist with retreats, build toward next summer.
o Coordinate the summer intern planning team and engage with interns in the summer
· Office duties such as: purchasing, tracking spending, filing, maintaining accurate Camp participant data (electronic and physical), creating and sending mailers; sorting and organizing paperwork; responding to phone and e-mail messages; photocopying; manipulating database components.
· Additional duties may include: recruiting camp staff and campers; processing participant paperwork and correspondence; serving on-site at Camp CUMCITO at times; and assisting in Camp follow-up.
· Collaborate with other Camp team members to develop (create/refine) systems to support department goals, promote successful implementation of routine tasks, and special projects such as: the 5 Camp vision statements, home visits, ACA accreditation, promote leasing and manage lease requests, participate in Camp committee meetings and staff meetings, assist with housekeeping/maintenance.
· Communicate tactfully with clients, volunteers, donors, and employees using a variety of media types. (phone, fax, e-mail, voicemail, video calls, postal mail, etc.).
· Pursue professional and personal development relevant to job responsibilities.
· Seek to exemplify Jesus Christ daily and be prepared to share the Gospel as opportunities arise.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day
· arise. (1 Peter 2:21 and 1 Peter 3:15).
· Have good judgment, sensitivity, compassion, oral and written communication skills, neatness, accuracy and dependability.
· Exhibit strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Be able to deal tactfully with the public, including campers and parents, and be familiar with office equipment and operations.
· Be a confident initiator: Have the ability to see projects through to completion, be a self-starter, be able to manage time and activities
· Able to qualify to drive Mission vehicles.
· Demonstrate high proficiency with Excel, Google applications, social media, basic graphic design and data management.
· Required: Associate’s degree with emphasis in camp administration, business administration, youth ministries or related field and 1 year of equivalent experience.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org