Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
· To Assist with scheduling the pickup and delivery of people and materials for City Union Mission.
· Pick up and deliver people and materials for City Union Mission.
· Assist supervisor with Mission vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Exemplify Jesus Christ daily and be prepared to share the Gospel as opportunities arise.
· Assist in scheduling of driver’s daily tasks as needed.
· Maintain and keep up-to-date records pertaining to mission owned vehicles, i.e., vehicle maintenance records, U.S.D.O.T. records, preventive maintenance records, etc.
· Assist with minor vehicle maintenance and repairs.
· Fill out and get signed approval on all POs, petty cash vouchers and check requests before purchasing anything.
· Return all receipts and paperwork along with POs to your supervisor and the Business Office.
· Pick up and deliver mail, checks, food, residential/commercial donations, etc. for any CUM facility; transport CUM clients/visitors to any CUM facility/activity.
· Assist and keep all mission owned vehicles up to date on Motor Vehicle Inspections (MVI), Commercial Motor Vehicle Inspections (CMVI), U.S.D.O.T. standards, title transfers, mileage, and daily drivers logs.
· Assist with the receipt, inspections, and paperwork (gift affidavits, GIK information, titles, transfers, etc.) on all donated vehicles.
· Pick up donated vehicles; complete vehicle transactions at the DMV.
· Daily check fluid levels in vehicles (oil, anti-freeze, transmission fluid). Report any low levels, top of if necessary
· Report any needed repairs IMMEDIATELY.
· Report any accidents or damage to vehicles IMMEDIATELY.
· Work with Supervisor to obtain OSHA 10 training.
· Perform any other duties as instructed.
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise. (1 Peter 2:21 and 1 Peter 3:15).
· Have a desire to serve the Lord through widely varied responsibilities to advance ministry to those currently homeless and the urban poor of Kansas City with a compassionate heart.
· Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Must be twenty-one years of age.
· Must have three years of driving experience, and no tickets in the last three years.
· Must possess a valid Class E license, but able to obtain a valid Class B CDL with passenger endorsement.
· Must possess a valid DOT Medical Certificate.
· Have no tickets in three years.
· Have basic computer knowledge.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org