Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
· Receive, record, sort, store and distribute purchased and donated foods, housekeeping and personal care items using a continual computerized inventory system.
· Ensure accurate inventory of housekeeping, personal care and food using computerized inventory system.
· Help maintain Health Department standards in storage of purchased and donated foods.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant Warehouse Manager helps the Warehouse Manager:
· Answer the doorbell and phone.
· Receive purchased and donated items.
· Record all donated items into computer software.
· Sort, store and distribute all purchased and donated items.
· Supervise work therapy clients and volunteers
· Fill orders for the kitchens and all departments requesting housekeeping, personal care, and Hallmark supplies.
· Operate pallet jacks and forklifts as needed.
· Maintain inventory and rotation systems.
· Maintain health department sanitation requirements.
· Document and record donations for Corporate Relations & Procurement Specialist.
· Maintain security of the warehouse—locks and alarms.
· Report any problems with the walk-in freezer to the 8th Street Warehouse Manager, the Food Service/Warehouse/Transportation Director and Facilities Director as soon as possible.
· Assist Transportation with simple deliveries and errands.
· Work on holidays or weekends if deemed necessary by Food Service/Warehouse/Transportation Director and/or COO.
· Check email, electronic calendar, answer telephone and promptly return emails/voicemails.
· Must be able to develop and maintain systems for inventorying, price comparisons, etc. as needed.
· Work independently with little supervision and perform other duties as assigned.
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise. (1 Peter 2:21 and 1 Peter 3:15).
· Have a desire to serve the Lord through widely varied responsibilities to advance ministry to those currently homeless and the urban poor of Kansas City with a compassionate heart.
· Must be highly organized, have good time management skills and an attention to detail and cleanliness.
· Must have good communication skills and an understanding of the needs of men with special problems.
· Needs to have intermediate computer skills: knowledge of Excel and Adobe Reader.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 70 lbs.
· Must have High School equivalent with two or more years warehouse experience.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org