Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
· To directly assist youth and their families being served in the Women and Family Ministry (WFM) in their Christian spiritual formation through leadership and implementation of group and individual services in the Vandenberg Youth Center (VYC) and the Women and Family Center (WFC).
· To assist the VYC Administrator to oversee and lead our youth programs focused on the spiritual, emotional, physical, social and educational/vocational development and health of the youth we serve.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Believing Christian spiritual formation is the process of being conformed to the image of Jesus Christ for the glory of God and for the sake of others (2 Corinthians 3:17-18), the focus of the YCFC is on developing relationships with and leading programs and services for WFM youth for the purpose of introducing them to the Gospel and helping them live as an apprentice of Jesus Christ.
· Primary service responsibility is to the VYC programs and youth Christian formation, including individual mentoring, group activities, chapels, and developing Christian formation curriculum, etc. In order to minister to the whole family, Christian formation ministry services to youth families are often essential.
· Provide Christian formation services for all WFM guests as directed/appropriate.
· In collaboration with the DWFM, WFC Administrator and the VYC Administrator, create a chapel schedule for both the WFC and VYC, coordinate internal and external volunteers to provide chapel services, and be the primary facilitator/leader of VYC chapel services.
· Be a positive and productive collaborating member of the VYC ministry team as you lead staff and serve youth in program facilitation on during the work week (i.e., Monday – Friday), be available for occasional weekend and overnight special events, and participate in regularly scheduled VYC and WFM staff meetings.
· Work in collaboration with the Director of Women and Family Ministry (DWFM) and VYC Administrator on the strategic development of VYC programs, including the development of youth program goals, outcomes, policies, procedures, and directed revisions.
· Actively partner with the VYC Administrator to develop, plan, administrate, and implement a yearly calendar of Christian spiritual formation programs and activities as a foundational part of youth services, including school season programming and summer City Camp.
· Assist VYC Administrator to fulfill program administration duties and facilitate daily program operations in the Administrator is absence.
· Assist VYC Administrator in the recruitment, training, and supervision of youth staff, interns and volunteers, and in providing direct oversite and leadership for each unique program and activity of the VYC as needed.
· Complete and maintain accurate paperwork, records, and emails in an accurate and timely fashion for interdepartmental needs.
· Carry out other duties and training as assigned, while exemplifying Jesus Christ and sharing the Gospel.
· B a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the workday arise.(1Peter2:21and1Peter3:15).
· Be insurable as a Mission driver (clear driving record, age 21 or older).
· Demonstrated high level computer proficiency, and social media skills.
· Competency in recreational and outdoor activities (swimming, fishing, camping, boating, and games).
· Strong interpersonal communication, organizational skills, and task completion.
· Be able to share the Gospel with youth in an age-appropriate manner.
· Required: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited Christian college or Seminary in Youth Ministry, Child Development, Behavioral Health, or related field, and 2 years tested experience working with youth in a developmental, educational, treatment recovery, or related youth service/ministry setting.
· Preferred: Above Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years serving in a leadership position in a youth service/ministry setting with urban youth.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org