Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
This position models Biblical hospitality in the coordination of supportive services for the daily care of our center guests and program participants as part of our front-door and in-house service teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the front-door service team:
· Respond to phone calls by being a calm and welcoming voice, and providing accurate and timely information regarding viable sheltering options.
· Exude professionalism when conducting phone duties (e.g., when transferring calls, answering questions, receiving reservations, taking messages, etc.) and complete accurate and timely documentation.
· In coordination with the Intake Specialist, make reservations for the guest intake process (as needed), conduct required initial screenings, input data guest information into HMIS, and make additions and corrections as needed to ensure roster accuracy.
· Assist with guest entry into the Women & Family Center.
As part of our in-house service team:
· Assist guests and participants with a successful center experience by providing personal care items and clothing through center supplies, clearly expressing, explaining and supervising center policies and expectations, and guiding individuals through the center daily schedule.
· Complete and account for center management services through the generation and communication of incident and shift reports, bed and room assignments, and necessary documentation in the CaseWorthy database with accuracy and timeliness.
· Ensure the center facility is cleaned and supplies are stocked.
· Report all incidents and maintain a shift report.
· Perform emergency intake screenings with new guests as necessary.
· Able to perform life safety, emergency, and safety procedures.
· Serve as a positive contributing member of the Ministry team and actively collaborate with the front-door service team members, other in-house services staff, and the Center Administrators to maintain communication and ensure the successful delivery of service to all guests in unity with the purpose and goals of the Mission.
· Provide front-door services in the Response Center.
· Seek to exemplify Jesus Christ daily and be prepared to share the gospel as opportunities arise.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Be a born-again, mature Christian. Able to clearly communicate the gospel as opportunities during the work day arise (1 Pet. 2:21, 3:15).
· Demonstrated experience exhibiting good judgment, sensitivity, neatness, accuracy, and dependability.
· Must be able to communicate effectively, and be able to work in a fast paced, emotional environment.
· Demonstrate computer literacy in Google and Microsoft applications.
· Requirement: High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of related experience.
** This position is currently eligible for a Sign On Bonus!
All Full-Time Overnight Front Line New Employees will receive a $500 sign-on bonus after completion of thirty days. Another $500 will be awarded after completion of one year, for a total bonus of $1000.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org