Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
· To provide leadership in the recruiting and selection process of Impact & High Impact volunteers.
· To train staff in the volunteer processes and oversight of volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage the overall volunteer experience to ensure a positive impression in line with our brand essence.
· Stay updated concerning the critical volunteer needs at the Mission, including processes to determine needs.
· Prescreen prospective volunteers to determine High Impact and Impact levels.
· Communicate with departments to determine volunteer needs.
· Prescreen and schedule volunteers, both individuals and groups.
· Schedule High Impact interviews and complete background checks.
· Collect High Impact Agreements and have name badges created and delivered.
· Participate in vital volunteer efforts and events/presentations.
· Recruit/Schedule/Survey Groups to provide and Serve Meals, with goal to secure underwriting of all meals at the Mission.
· Supervise Volunteer groups as approved by Manager of Events & Volunteer Programs.
· Seek to exemplify Jesus Christ daily and be prepared to share the Gospel as opportunities arise.
· Perform other duties as assigned by CVA or CDO
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise. (1 Peter 2:21 and 1 Peter 3:15).
· Have a desire to serve the Lord through widely varied responsibilities to advance ministry to those currently homeless and the urban poor of Kansas City with a compassionate heart.
· Exhibit strong leadership, people, communication, and organizational skills. Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
· Must have good computer skills and ability to learn database management.
· Have the ability to adapt creative, visionary ideas into systematic plans that will facilitate the volunteer process.
· Have the ability to assist in evaluating outcomes of volunteer program activities.
· Must have a heart for volunteerism, spiritual depth, integrity, faith, and be an encourager. BA in Human Resources, Human Services is preferred.
· Education experience preferred, 2 year or 4-year degree with 1 to 4 years professional experience.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org