Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
· To lead the development and facilitation of our Kansas City urban youth programs focused on the spiritual, social, emotional, physical, and educational development and health of the youth we serve.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work in coordination with VYC leadership team to plan and facilitate VYC school program, City Camp, SOS and Chapel for school age children age 7-17. Contribute to the creation, planning, and implementation of new programs as the need arises.
· Be a positive and productive collaborating member of the VYC team as you serve youth in program facilitation on during the work week (i.e., Monday – Friday), be available for occasional weekend and overnight special events, and participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
· Lead and facilitate recreational and outdoor activities as needed for program implementation.
· Complete and maintain accurate paperwork for purchasing, data tracking, transportation, and other requisite areas, as well as assist with VYC transportation, as necessary.
· Follow defined policy and procedures to implement the use of healthy and effective evidence-based behavior management and disciplinary practices with youth participants when needed.
· Pursue professional and personal development relevant to job responsibilities.
Carry out other duties and training as assigned while exemplifying Jesus Christ and sharing the Gospel.
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise. (1 Peter 2:21 and 1 Peter 3:15). Able to share the Gospel in an age-appropriate manner.
· Be insurable as a Mission driver (clear driving record, age 21 or older).
· Required: Minimum of an Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited college in a child development, behavioral health, or related field, and 2 years tested experience working with youth in a developmental, educational, treatment recovery, or related youth service/ministry setting.
· Demonstrated high level computer proficiency, and social media skills.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org