Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
The unarmed Security Agent for City Union Mission should be a kingdom‐minded individual who embodies servant leadership, thrives on challenge and has a heart for the poor and homeless in Kansas City. Unarmed Security Agents must provide exceptional customer service to all and maintain a safe environment for everyone. This position is full‐time with varied work hours which includes nights and weekends. Reports to the Director of Safety & Security.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Function as a positive contributing staff member of City Union Mission by engaging in timely communication, active participation in meetings, strategic planning, data management, supplying accurate reports, and problem solving to ensure unity with the purpose and goals of the Mission.
· Conduct all aspects of security operations within a large inner-city geographical area consisting of multiple buildings including assisting any staff who may require assistance by resolving the situation in a swift and diplomat approach.
· Ability to use computers and Microsoft office (Excel, Word, etc.), monitor security cameras, and send and receive email using MS Outlook in a professional manner.
· Responsible for participating in training, in accordance with the established training guides and standard operating procedures.
· Evaluate, assess, and analyze performance of security operations including compliance of applicable policies, post orders, general orders, and regulations while implementing security measures.
· Ensure all security devices and products are in good working condition.
· Develop and implement preventative measures against trespassers, unwanted guests, accidents, thefts, and other risks.
· Ability to see, hear, and smell in order to respond to alarms and detect emergency situations while maintain excellent attention to details.
· Thoroughly comprehend the Use of Force Policy outlined by City Union Mission.
· Other duties as assigned.
• Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel.
• 2 Years of Armed Security Experience, Military (Combat Arms MOS preferred) or Law Enforcement Experience with a minimum of a High School Diploma.
• Maintain all required proper licensing, as by the City of Kansas City. Kansas City Class A – Unarmed license is required for this position including passing a criminal background check, free from convictions of any felony or any misdemeanor crime of domestic violence and passing a drug test.
• Must have a valid driver’s license from state of residency and a safe driving record for the past five years.
• Become trained in CPR/AED/FIRST AID/Bloodborne Pathogens.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org