Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
As part of our Front Door Services team, this position models Biblical hospitality as they coordinate the intake and orientation process for guests seeking services in our centers.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Schedule and coordinate all aspects of the intake process as it relates to conducting the initial guest interview to screen for admittance, assessing guests’ immediate needs, completing the admission intake and initial orientation process, and coordinating community service referrals when appropriate.
· Complete and account for guest intake applications and other forms and documentation necessary to the intake process, recording all information into the CaseWorthy database with accuracy and timeliness.
· Perform crisis interventions as necessary, and connect applying guests to referral sources who are in need of further assistance beyond our services.
· Provide a bed and room assignment, and Case Manager appointment for admitted guests.
· Connect new guests to in-house service staff.
· As directed, participate in staffings to provide pertinent information and support in the therapeutic discussion of guests’ progress.
· Working in collaboration with Case Managers and the Clinical Director, develop and maintain strong professional network and referrals.
· Serve as a positive contributing member of the Ministry team and actively collaborate with other front door service team members, in-house services staff, and the Center Administrators to maintain communication and ensure the successful delivery of service to all guests in unity with the purpose and goals of the Mission.
· Seek to exemplify Jesus Christ daily and be prepared to share the gospel as opportunities arise.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Be a born-again, mature Christian. Able to clearly communicate the gospel as opportunities during the work day arise (1 Pet. 2:21, 3:15).
· Demonstrated experience exhibiting good judgment, sensitivity, neatness, accuracy, and dependability.
· Must be able to communicate effectively, and be able to work in a fast paced, emotional environment.
· Demonstrate computer literacy in Google and Microsoft applications.
· Required: High school diploma or equivalent and 3 years related experience.
· Preferred: Associates degree in social services field and 1 year related experience.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org