Website City Union Mission
Hope Lives Here
· To provide medical services for all clients of the City Union Mission to provide comfort, promote healing and increase their knowledge of preventative medical care.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Function as a positive contributing staff member of City Union Mission by engaging in timely communication, active participation in meetings, strategic planning, data management, supplying accurate reports, and problem solving to ensure unity with the purpose and goals of the Mission.
· Help maintain Medical Services Center hours, shared among programs served.
· Observe, report, and provide care within the scope of certification and the City Union Mission standing orders. Referrals to physicians or other health professionals are made as appropriate.
· Guide and help set up weekly medication boxes for clients.
· Work with area medical and mental health facilities to promote care for our clients.
· Provide input for client Infirmary placement based on information provided by physicians and/or other health professionals.
· Coordinate and work with volunteer nurses, students and doctors.
· Help maintain all supplies and medications needed for the clinic.
· Be available for input regarding health care, facilities and / or personal sanitation, safety, and hygiene concerns Mission-wide.
· Perform administrative duties including updating patient records and calling prescription refills.
· Seek to exemplify Jesus Christ daily and be prepared to share the Gospel as opportunities arise.
· Perform other duties as may be assigned.
· Be a born again, mature Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise. (1 Peter 2:21 and 1 Peter 3:15).
· Able to lead others in spiritual maturity and demonstrate the attributes of a Christian role model with clients, staff, and the community at large (1Timothy 4:12; Joshua 24:15).
· Demonstrate computer literacy in Google, Microsoft applications, and information management systems.
· CPR certification required and first aid experience preferred.
· Required: Certified Medical Technician or Medical Assistant certification, and a minimum of two years of hospital or clinical experience.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@cityunionmission.org